Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New to rennlist with pictures

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2009, 10:34 AM
CHASE
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Indeed that is my old car. I just got that pain in my stomach back that just started to subside after watching it go down the road with Richard last month. Enjoy the car Richard and embrace these guys on Rennlist. There is more knowledge and helpfulness on this forum than anywhere in the world. I hopefully will be back down the road..........
Old 10-28-2009, 04:28 PM
jim_l
Instructor

If your interested in getting your car out on the track there in monticello, Connecticut valley pca had a couple of two day events there. iam sure there will be there again next year. welcome aboard Great car.
Old 10-28-2009, 10:57 PM
dynogyno
Instructor

Beautiful, , now open thy wallet !!!!
Congrats and enjoy!
Old 10-29-2009, 07:57 PM
Arrowhead
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well, I just ordered a cat delete from Fabspeed and told him I was a RL member and they gave me a $50.00 discount. Original cost $300 with discount $250 and $5.00 handling with $1.00 shipping. I thought that was fantastic and I thank them. I also ordered a performance chip from 911 Chips with the cat delete and 93 octane although I did not get a discount. So far so good and I will let you guy's know how everything works out. Thanks for your advice
Old 10-30-2009, 09:55 AM
911Jetta
Rennlist Member

Received 485 Likes on 278 Posts

Welcome Arrowhead,
Very nice color! It's nice when a car passes from one RL member to another!

Does the car already have one of it's mufflers bypassed?
You're going to really enjoy the sound of the cat bypass!

Best,
Udo
Old 10-30-2009, 10:06 PM
Arrowhead
Instructor

Udo, no the exhaust was stock when I purchased the car. It's funny you ask because I received the Fabspeed cat delete and just installed it. I just took it for a ride and could not believe the difference. The first thing I noticed was more torgue down low and much more power all through out the rpm range. As I walked from the garage to the house I kept saying WOW! what a difference. As far as sound/noise I did not notice any difference a ildle at all and none when I dry reved it. I noticed it a little louder at WOT but not much. Where I noticed the power was how it stuck me to the back of the seat much more then before. Now I can't wait for the performance chip to arrive and I hope it makes as big a difference.
Old 10-31-2009, 05:54 AM
MortenKoch
Advanced

did you happen to do a dyno test before and after. It would be interesting to see if your "feeling" amounts to significant changes in raw numbers?
Old 11-01-2009, 10:50 AM
911Jetta
Rennlist Member

Arrowhead,
Thanks for spending my money... there goes another couple $100 on a cat bypass... I would have done it already, but don't want any more neighborhood attention. I'll keep your experience in mind for when I finally pull the trigger. My Wong chip is already programed for it, I just need more courage.
Udo
Old 11-01-2009, 08:36 PM
Arrowhead
Instructor

Ya, I drove my Porsche again today and I can say again it's guiet and I feel more power. How do you like the chip as I'm still waiting for mine? Thanks. Richard
Old 11-04-2009, 06:53 PM
Arrowhead
Instructor

Well, I received my chip from 911 Chips today and when I went to install it I pulled the ECU out from under the seat and found the ECU to have an Authority sticker on it. I opened the ECU up and sure enough it had an Authority eprom. I then thought to my self that no wonder I felt so much power after the install of Fabspeeds cat delete pipe because I am thinking that with this kind of exhaust mod it would help any performance chip. So I went ahead and changed out the Authority chip to 911 Chip (Steve Wong) Now to go back to the beginning I knew enough to take my Porsche for a spirited ride to get a feel for the performance of my car and then to change out to chip and take another ride. Well as I said previously I felt a performance difference with the cat delete but after the chip change I felt no performance advantage, that is seat of the pants. I know what most would say that you will need a dyno to tell the difference and you are correct. So I think if I had 20-20 hindsight I could have saved alot of money. Again I feel no difference between these two chips. I would like anybody's thoughts on this, and I thank you.
Old 11-04-2009, 09:06 PM
joey bagadonuts
Addict
Rennlist Member

Sounds like you did everything exactly right, with regards to the swap, so your impressions should've been fairly accurate.

As for the money spent, 911chips offers a 100% satisfaction guarantee, so ...
Old 11-05-2009, 09:54 AM
911Jetta
Rennlist Member

I don't know the programing behind the Authority chip, but if you car is running fine with it (not lean or rich, smooth idle, etc.) and you don't notice much or any difference, I would return it? On to the next mod... Wong has a nice looking front strut bar: http://www.911chips.com/C2strut.htm
Old 11-06-2009, 07:09 PM
Arrowhead
Instructor

Hello all. Well I just noticed something when I had the Authority chip in. Every once in a while (at least once a day) the check engine light would come on. Now with Wong's chip the light has not come on once and I have put enough time and miles to figure that its not going to. So I will keep my Wong chip installed and leave it at that. And I want to apologize to the guys that sent me a private message as I am just now reading them and being new here did not know I had any. I will keep tabs on messages in the future. Richard
Old 11-07-2009, 12:00 PM
braol
Advanced

I'd stick with just the secondary muffler delete (G-pipe): sounds great but not annoying. I'd stay away from chips and just enjoy the car for what it is...well, maybe a K&N filter....and Euro headlight/foglamp tandem running relay....and a strut bar......and....well, you get it......

Quick Reply: New to rennlist with pictures