Sponsored by:

Porsche Service Manuals

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2009, 11:23 AM
KLVA
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Porsche Service Manuals

I know this is like asking for ice water in Hell..but here goes...Does anyone have or knows someone that wants to part with a full set of 964 Service books !?? I have not been too lucky with the cannell stuff and the bently books are great...BUT....7 volumes,..right ? Not too concerned if they are used and a little crunchy, just complete. A really good CD would be OK, if legit, but then I will have to get a $600 laptop to be able to view out in the garage...rather have the books, Thanks to all, Kevin
Old 09-28-2009, 12:59 PM
Wachuko
Professor of Pending Projects
Rennlist Member

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts

Your best bet is the notebook or an old desktop you can keep in the garage... at least that would be the least expensive route...

I thought the prices on these had come down a lot... have you checked with Sunset Porsche for the price of a new set?

Also, you can download the parts list pdf directly from Porsche:

http://www.porsche.com/all/media/pdf...64_KATALOG.pdf

and you already know the places to download the workshop manuals... no digital copies of those are legal, btw... but still they can be found.

If you plan to keep the car for a long, long time... I would get a notebook, download the Parts Catalog, download the manuals, buy the Durametric... and be done with it.

and fyi... Pet6 does not run on Vista... stick with the PDF if you are running on a newer notebook.
Old 09-28-2009, 07:30 PM
PNine64
Pro

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

I'm guessing this is what you referenced. I didn't have any issues downloading a couple of weeks ago. Got an ASUS Eee to drag to the garage (cheap and very portable).

http://www.cannell.co.uk/Manuals.htm
Old 09-28-2009, 08:58 PM
KLVA
Burning Brakes

Default Sunset Porsche

Thanks Professor Wachuko !! I DID talk to Jeff at Sunset Porsche in Beaverton, Oregon and I DID order one of the last 6, no now 5, seven volume 964 manuals available anywhere. I know, but there is something about having the manuals written by the German design/engineering team that built the car. The price was not as outrageous as I would have thought, actually about the same as my 928 set of manuals. OK Yeah, they were $500.00....but without those manuals, I would never have been able to figure out my 928 S4. I had alot of trouble with the pdf files on my PC....so I am getting the books..already have the PET, which covers all models. Call me old fashioned...Kevin
Old 09-28-2009, 11:20 PM
Wachuko
Professor of Pending Projects
Rennlist Member

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts
Cool

Originally Posted by kevbolacy
Thanks Professor Wachuko !! I DID talk to Jeff at Sunset Porsche in Beaverton, Oregon and I DID order one of the last 6, no now 5, seven volume 964 manuals available anywhere. I know, but there is something about having the manuals written by the German design/engineering team that built the car. The price was not as outrageous as I would have thought, actually about the same as my 928 set of manuals. OK Yeah, they were $500.00....but without those manuals, I would never have been able to figure out my 928 S4. I had alot of trouble with the pdf files on my PC....so I am getting the books..already have the PET, which covers all models. Call me old fashioned...Kevin
Not old fashion Kevin... sometimes a book is a lot better than anything on a screen...

I use them quite often...

Old 09-29-2009, 07:11 AM
breale01
Racer

Originally Posted by kevbolacy
Thanks Professor Wachuko !! I DID talk to Jeff at Sunset Porsche in Beaverton, Oregon and I DID order one of the last 6, no now 5, seven volume 964 manuals available anywhere.
Are you able to determine what 'Revision' level your 'new' manuals are at? I stumbled onto and purchased a used set last year. I am curious whether I have the latest (I think mine came with a set of stapled revised pages that were never inserted into the main manual. I'll check what it says for revision level and edit my post).
Old 09-29-2009, 10:17 AM
KLVA
Burning Brakes

Default Manuals

As it turns out PCNA wants you to buy all the 911 manuals due to the fact that the some of the info did not change from 84-89..like for example ,the windshield replacement section will be in the older set but not replicated in the 964 manuals...any elements from the older cars, mostly body stuff would have to be found by also buying the older manual set..which is not available. I do not know which revision ,,hope it is the latest or last version. Will advise, Kevin

Quick Reply: Porsche Service Manuals