Notices
964 Forum 1989-1994
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Replacement ABS brake pumps - Invasion Auto Products?

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2009, 07:13 PM
911URGE
Rennlist Member

Received 101 Likes on 53 Posts

OK, so my ABS booster pump officially died this week.

I bit the bullet and took it to the vendor listed in the original post. They tested and rebuilt the unit. They found the pressure switch had failed causing the motor to burn up. They replaced the pressure switch, motor and tested. Ill get it back into the car and report back how its working.

Of interesting note they stated the pump has been rebuilt before and the armature was not the correct part. They showed me the difference. The original armature was 2/3 the size of the correct part. Quite interesting!
Old 09-19-2009, 12:19 AM
roadsleeper
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Cool, thanks for the update! I ordered my replacement pump as well, will update once I get it.
Old 09-20-2009, 02:35 AM
911URGE
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by roadsleeper
Cool, thanks for the update! I ordered my replacement pump as well, will update once I get it.
Roadsleeper - The owner showed me a rebuilt ABS booster pump while I was at the shop and he said it was bound for Singapore. Could be yours

I installed the rebuilt pump today. Bled the pump and accumulator per Adrians 964 book and all is working. I will still need to bleed/flush the full system but the car is operable again.

Anyone in SoCal have a Bosch hammer I can borrow for a weekend?
Old 09-23-2009, 06:19 AM
roadsleeper
Racer

Excellent news! Yes, that sounds like mine indeed! Do the pumps look like new?

I'll update once mine arrives, thanks again!

Originally Posted by 911URGE
Roadsleeper - The owner showed me a rebuilt ABS booster pump while I was at the shop and he said it was bound for Singapore. Could be yours

I installed the rebuilt pump today. Bled the pump and accumulator per Adrians 964 book and all is working. I will still need to bleed/flush the full system but the car is operable again.

Anyone in SoCal have a Bosch hammer I can borrow for a weekend?
Old 09-24-2009, 02:32 AM
911URGE
Rennlist Member

Excellent news! Yes, that sounds like mine indeed! Do the pumps look like new?

I'll update once mine arrives, thanks again!
My pump looked about the same.

Ive driven the car about 100 miles since the install of the pump. My pump now pressurizes the system in about 10 sec after sitting overnight - it used to be 20-30 sec or more before the failure.
Old 09-24-2009, 11:56 PM
roadsleeper
Racer

Originally Posted by 911URGE
My pump looked about the same.

Ive driven the car about 100 miles since the install of the pump. My pump now pressurizes the system in about 10 sec after sitting overnight - it used to be 20-30 sec or more before the failure.
That's good to hear, did you replace your accumulator? I replaced mine which was also on its way out. Looking forward to good braking again!
Old 09-25-2009, 02:57 AM
911URGE
Rennlist Member

That's good to hear, did you replace your accumulator? I replaced mine which was also on its way out. Looking forward to good braking again!
I have not replaced any other components in the system. Pump was a definate failure.
Old 09-29-2009, 11:47 AM
roadsleeper
Racer

I received mine today... and the union bolt on the high pressure line doesn't fit... It looks like someone bored out the hole, so it is now too deep to fit the OEM union bolt (i.e., the line is loose / leaks fluid when pressurized), so my mechanic had to jerry rig an adaptor, but this is only a temporary solution... I'll update when I have more to share.
Old 09-29-2009, 12:12 PM
911URGE
Rennlist Member

I received mine today... and the union bolt on the high pressure line doesn't fit... It looks like someone bored out the hole, so it is now too deep to fit the OEM union bolt (i.e., the line is loose / leaks fluid when pressurized), so my mechanic had to jerry rig an adaptor, but this is only a temporary solution... I'll update when I have more to share.
Thats unfortunate to hear . Mine bolted right in with no issues or leaks. I have about 500 miles on it now without any problems. Keep us updated.

Quick Reply: Replacement ABS brake pumps - Invasion Auto Products?