Notices
964 Forum 1989-1994
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

PSS10, JIC Cross or KW V3 (pix of new car included!)

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2009, 06:43 PM
Bill Verburg
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 502 Likes on 345 Posts

Originally Posted by onsse
I've veen looking for a couple of days now in different forums. I'm trying to find out if the PSS10 springs can be replaced with a similar spring rate that of the JIC?? and what kind of camber plates mates with the PSS10.

any help is greatly appreciated.

~onsse
That's part of the issue w/ PSS9/10, Bilstein is not at all upfront w/ their spring rates or the range of other spring rates that their shocks can accommodate. That said their is a raft of springs available w/ whatever rate and size that you need/want. Both Mode and SRP have monoball/camber plates for Bilstein shocks.

All in all JIC which includes monoball/camber plates and whatever spring rate you choose is the best bang for the buck. Though I did choose to swap out the JIC front monoball/camber plates for Modes
Old 11-25-2009, 06:50 PM
Dan J.
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bilstein setup

Adam,

If you want to sample PSS9s - which I think has the same spring rates as the PSS10 - you can stop by sometime and try my car set soft and firm. The adjustments are a 30 second exercise so it's not a big deal.

Ride quality is subjective. Tom B has the H&R green setup. I just tried that the other day. It's a nice firm street setup.

Careful about going to firm on the springs, it can make rough and uneven roads pretty unpleasant. On smooth roads and the track, all of these packages mentioned will be a nice step up from stock.

If you plan to start tracking, the adjustable packages will be better, and something with camber plates is good to have. Plus, you might want to think about adjustable sway bars while you are at it. Tires and alignment will be factors too of course.

Take care,
Dan.
Old 11-25-2009, 06:59 PM
fishing
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I can't comment on anything but the PSS 10s. I placed PSS 10s on my car, lowered it 2 inches, 2.4 negative camber rear and 2.0 neg camber front, 225-45-17 tires up front, added some toe in, and it handles night and day compared to stock. Pretty comfortable too. I have only had it to the track once with this setup, but it blew away the stock set up.

If everyone also likes the other setups, then you probably can't go wrong. I just have experience with the PSS 10s only. If you do a search, many people will say PSS 10s are mostly for street use. That is fine with me as I mostly ride on the street with several track events a year.

Beautiful car!!! Enjoy it!
Old 11-25-2009, 07:46 PM
BlueHeeler
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I do not know nothing 'bout no suspension, but you car looks great.

IMHO white cars look like rentals EXCEPT the 964. I f I did not have the fast color, white would be my favorite... or cobalt blue.

Quick Reply: PSS10, JIC Cross or KW V3 (pix of new car included!)