Sponsored by:

tpc supercharger

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2009, 01:51 PM
BlueHeeler
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ilko
I have one, the car pulls like a diesel truck. Very noticeable difference. Real usable torque starts at 1200RPM. The downside is that it fizzles out by about 5500RPM and from there on is all motor. You drive the car differently with it, you don't need to wait to hit 6K+ RPM to upshift. Lots of power and I'm very happy with it.

As far as longevity, The supercharger's been on the car for 14,000 miles. I have no issues to report. The oil reports are good, oil usage is minimal (1,800-2,000 miles of driving before adding a quart). I track the car as well, and oil temp has stayed below the 10 o'clock range. But as I said, I upshift sooner, because the real torque is in the mid-RPM range. Mine's not intercooled.

YMMV.
How does it compare to the 3.3 or 3.6 turbos on track?
Old 07-15-2009, 02:42 PM
ilko
Agent Orange
Rennlist Member

Received 562 Likes on 200 Posts

Originally Posted by MitchB
http://instant-g.com/Cars/BlauCarrer...ger/index.html

Some more info here. Looks like it requires blower and compressor to be removed. No heat or A/C !
That install in your link was performed on an earlier 911 that had no heat or A/C. You do lose the heater fan, but the SC kit comes with an RS-like heater duct pipe that goes from the engine fan to the heat exchangers. It doesn't provide as much heat as stock, but most people are happy with the heat from the duct pipe from what I understand. I don't have heat exchangers, so I can't comment on that.

Full A/C functionality is retained on 964 and 993 cars. The car in your link doesn't even have an A/C bracket. They've removed the A/C by choice as it is more difficult to get the A/C on an older 911 to work with the M64 engine.

Originally Posted by BlueHeeler
How does it compare to the 3.3 or 3.6 turbos on track?
I haven't run against any of them directly, but I would think a turbo would be faster after boost builds up.
Old 07-15-2009, 04:28 PM
cobalt
Rennlist Member

Received 2,181 Likes on 1,305 Posts

Originally Posted by wellcraft290
Who has first hand exp with this unit. I was and am thinking about getting one installed and was wondering is it a world of difference? I always would love more power..
Are you still stock?

You can increase power to 250 to the wheels with some simple exhaust and intake mods. Mine pulls quite strong and I find I do well on most tracks against cars with far more hp. Although it is lacking extreme torque below 4k rpms which would be nice on some tracks.

I have seen some nice low boost turbo installs without reduction of compression showing close to 300 to the wheels.

How is the car working out for you?
Old 07-15-2009, 05:25 PM
wellcraft290
Three Wheelin'

Received 39 Likes on 18 Posts

have a LWF and chip. I see the exhaust systems but they get expensive for modest gains. The car has been running really good. Pulls hard. I just saw A puff of smoke today, but not 100% was from my car. Have to check the oil level. I have seen the turbos, but even the one from promotive with modest boost you need an engine mods and the SC seems to run stock engine. Also you remember the car I looked at with teh stage 1 turbo and all the leakdown issues. Never really got any truth on that one.
Old 07-16-2009, 10:56 AM
cobalt
Rennlist Member

have a LWF and chip. I see the exhaust systems but they get expensive for modest gains. The car has been running really good. Pulls hard. I just saw A puff of smoke today, but not 100% was from my car. Have to check the oil level. I have seen the turbos, but even the one from promotive with modest boost you need an engine mods and the SC seems to run stock engine. Also you remember the car I looked at with teh stage 1 turbo and all the leakdown issues. Never really got any truth on that one.
The owner was an *** for doing that to you. Nobody knows the outcome and general consensus was the issue was not as big as they originally suspected. I spoke to Paul and he said it was a direct bolt up no internals needed unless I wanted to go crazy. I will double check. If you drop the cat and mufflers and install a magnaflow 3" in 3" out you will find a bit of power for not much expense. I don't see the value in headers for these cars. They do help but too pricey for the gains.

I agree these cars need that extra punch below 4k rpms.
Old 07-16-2009, 11:29 AM
wellcraft290
Three Wheelin'

Cobalt how much you think for this 3" mod? and what would you expect HP gains and TQ?
Old 07-16-2009, 12:42 PM
cobalt
Rennlist Member

Cobalt how much you think for this 3" mod? and what would you expect HP gains and TQ?
Wasn't much can look up the numbers but was all in for under $1000 including fabrication to install G pipe so I can interchange tail pipes, sounds great.

This did not include the Cat bypass or 100cell cat. I am using a 100cell cat to keep the car legal in NJ. Without cat I would expect another 10-15hp.

Here are the dyno charts (sorry bad photo). You should see at least these numbers.
Attached Images  
Old 07-16-2009, 12:48 PM
wellcraft290
Three Wheelin'

very nice numbers for the rwhp! Who did the work for you?
Old 07-16-2009, 12:55 PM
cobalt
Rennlist Member

very nice numbers for the rwhp! Who did the work for you?
Paul at Protosport.

car runs like a dream.
Old 07-16-2009, 01:18 PM
wellcraft290
Three Wheelin'

well will keep it street legal so need cat too. Will call him about the G-pipe install.

Quick Reply: tpc supercharger