Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Friday folley

Old 06-19-2009, 09:49 AM
hawk911
Race Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Friday folley

Well, it's been an eventful few days. My wife, now 11 weeks along, was admitted via ER because of a kidney infection. They kept her for 2 days
She's got new antibiotics to take for 10 days, this after they gave her IV antibiotics for 2 days- every 6 hrs.

I took the Porsche out last night to pick up dinner and her drugs, and REALLY need to change the damn fuel pump. I get a bit of a fuel starvation if the car isn't warm, and usually at low RPMs. I have a wedding this weekend, but plan to change it sometime during the week. We have a Porsche all-day driving event Saturday and I WILL NOT miss it.
Old 06-19-2009, 10:37 AM
elbeee964
Nordschleife Master

Received 74 Likes on 51 Posts

Hey, hawk -- best thoughts are going out to your wife's swift recovery.

Here, preparing household for next weekend's wander out to Parade

(Hope to see some of ya'll in next-next Tuesday's Concourse in Keystone, CO.
And, no, I'm not entered -- just looking at pretty cars and enjoying old [& new!] friends)
Old 06-19-2009, 10:38 AM
jimq
Burgled
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Hope the wife unit is getting better Geoff
Its going to be near 100 degrees here the next couple of days so I wont be doing any work on the cars. It was a beautiful ride in with the top down today tho. Going home with no air conditioning may be another story Glad the day is over at 11:30 !
My project for the weekend will be getting on my tractor and bush hogging my 5 acres that hasnt been mowed in over a month In Florida that means 2 foot tall grass!
Old 06-19-2009, 10:39 AM
Wachuko
Professor of Pending Projects
Rennlist Member

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts

I dropped off the bumper, spoiler, and other bits needing painting, at the shop on Tuesday. Those should be ready by mid week next week. At which point I will drop off the '83 SC to get the body work completed (paint will have to wait another year - $$)

For father's day weekend I asked to be left alone in the garage, and to just supply me with the required drinks, food, etc. while I worked in cleaning up and finishing a few small items on the to-do list... let's see how much of that they honor... already they are talking about doing a BBQ on Sunday, wine, calling a few friends over... so much for working in the garage...
Old 06-19-2009, 10:49 AM
hawk911
Race Car

Jaime, I didn't even bother to try that. My father in law has stage 4 cancer, and we'll be down there for the day. This will likely be his last Father's day, and we plan to enjoy what time we have left with him.
Old 06-19-2009, 11:06 AM
Wachuko
Professor of Pending Projects
Rennlist Member

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts
Unhappy

Originally Posted by hawk911
Jaime, I didn't even bother to try that. My father in law has stage 4 cancer, and we'll be down there for the day. This will likely be his last Father's day, and we plan to enjoy what time we have left with him.
Very sorry to hear that. Lost my mom to cancer (she was only 55) and was grateful that I got to expend the last two weeks next to her... enjoy every minute of his time left.
Old 06-19-2009, 11:07 AM
Fred's 964
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hawk, sorry to hear about your dad. I hope your family has a great Father's day with him. Sometimes life's a bitch...
Old 06-19-2009, 11:09 AM
Kahdmus
Addict
Rennlist Member

Last Friday I posted a link on the board for my sister and niece who are running on fathers day to raise money for cancer research. Her goal was to raise £200, thanks to rennlist, a week later, the total is getting close to ten times that goal. Some amazing people hang out here...

I am getting a tiny bit of hesitation, only in 1st gear (maybe second) when engine is cold. Hope I don't have to swap fuel pump as well as Geoff.
Old 06-19-2009, 11:11 AM
hawk911
Race Car

yeah- he just turned 60 in November. Nicest guy you'd ever meet. With our pregnancy, he'll have 3 natural grandkids, and 3 more by marriage or relationship. He's been great with the kids, and my Meg will miss him dearly. She is the first natural grandaughter.
Old 06-19-2009, 11:12 AM
Kahdmus
Addict
Rennlist Member

Geoff, just read your other post. My thoughts go out to you and your wife. So sorry to read this, I hope you all have a great fathers day together. --H
Old 06-19-2009, 11:13 AM
hawk911
Race Car

Howard, with mine, I don't hear anything when I turn the ignition on, and I have to pedal the gas to get it started. Streetfighter pointed me to a source in FL for the part, and it was only $125 off e-bay. He did his install with the same part and has had no issues yet. Supposed to be a 45 min swap, when I have the time to do it.

Howard- it's not much, but I tossed a donation out there too. Oddly enough, my F-I-L's name is Stephen Duffy.....how coincidental
Old 06-19-2009, 11:17 AM
Kahdmus
Addict
Rennlist Member

Its the 'supposed' in that sentence that makes me feel a bout of 'Kahdmus Syndrome' coming on.....

I was originally thinking maybe a bit of dirt in the maf but your post has made me think.
Old 06-19-2009, 11:23 AM
dfinnegan
Drifting

Received 24 Likes on 24 Posts

Geoff, sorry to hear the news; all the best to you and yours. I lost my dad at 21 when he was just 52. Though, to be sure, it's never easy regardless of time or age. I'll be thinking of you and your family.

As for the weekend plans, I have a 20 yd dumpster arriving some time today. I plan to spend the weekend filling it up. I've nearly reclaimed my barn and plan on going to battle on the basement, as well.

I'll, hopefully, find some time for the p-car, too. I have a couple of projects lined up in preparation for a couple of DE days schedule for next month.
Old 06-19-2009, 11:29 AM
Kahdmus
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by hawk911
Howard, with mine, I don't hear anything when I turn the ignition on, and I have to pedal the gas to get it started. Streetfighter pointed me to a source in FL for the part, and it was only $125 off e-bay. He did his install with the same part and has had no issues yet. Supposed to be a 45 min swap, when I have the time to do it.

Howard- it's not much, but I tossed a donation out there too. Oddly enough, my F-I-L's name is Stephen Duffy.....how coincidental
Geoff, thank you, every penny counts imo. It may be too late for our loved ones but I just know that at some point this disease will no longer rip away from their families people who still had so much more to give and to live for. It has to make a difference.
Old 06-19-2009, 11:34 AM
hawk911
Race Car

One can only hope, right? Glad to add a few pennies to the cause.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Friday folley