Sponsored by:

Cold Start issues

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2009, 01:31 AM
tbennett017
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Cold Start issues

In the colder weather (34-40 Deg F) around here, I have intermittent start problems. Most mornings I can't hold an idle, and the car starts, but immediately stalls. I have to manually hold the throttle at 12-1500 for a bit before I can drive the car.

I have LWF, stock AFM, with a Steve Wong chip that is calibrated for LWF and AC.

It doesn't always happen. about 40% of the time the car starts normally, but some days it is a real bear.. even in the afternoon. It has mainly begun to be a problem in the last 2 months (coincides with the cold...)

I cleaned the ISV last summer, but I have been taking lots of short trips lately. In fact I was dismayed to see that my OBD tach was reporting an average speed of 22MPH... lots of town driving.

Any thoughts?
Old 01-26-2009, 11:59 AM
nekbet
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Mine does the same thing... 90 C4 LWF, but with stock chip.. No AC belt on for the winter as its leaky..

I'd be interested in any thoughts, too..

-Mike
Old 06-08-2009, 12:55 AM
vasculardoc
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've been having similar problems recently too.....Temps around 7-10 deg C in the am (bloody cold for Adelaide !)....did anyone come back with any clever ideas ? It is proving to a bit of a pain the tush... I thought it might be the cold start sensor (wee bimetallic strip thingy that apparently dumps a bit more gas in when starting)....any thoughts ?

Quick Reply: Cold Start issues