Notices
964 Forum 1989-1994
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

real contrast regarding parts received!!!!!

Old 04-15-2009, 10:22 PM
groovzilla
Rennlist Member

Received 4,410 Likes on 2,687 Posts
Default real contrast regarding parts received!!!!!

not naming names but a i purchased a set of cup wheels/tires from a fellow rennlister in socal...the photos that were sent to me showed a few scuffs on one wheel face and all else looked great...clean/complete/etc......seller explained that the wheels were on the car and photos were taken that day.....i received the wheels yesterday and to my surprise the wheels were much more worn than the photos showed...dirty as hell, scuffs on every wheel and aircaps were removed from stems...i tried explaining my disappointment to the seller via email but he is ignorant and the effort was worthless...i didn't realize 12 year olds can drive in california.

on a brighter note, when i posted a need for a diagnostic cover, 911URGE PM'd me explaining he had an extra and would mail it to me...it arrived yesterday and to my surprise it was brand new in the OEM box...what a great guy!

thank you 911URGE ...

Last edited by groovzilla; 04-16-2009 at 02:37 PM.
Old 04-16-2009, 01:34 PM
sundog
Race Director

Received 197 Likes on 105 Posts

It is a shame when things come over in a condition other than what was shown/advertised.

I'm very wary about things like this, photo's can disguise so much that I always want them from multiple angles.
Old 04-16-2009, 02:36 PM
groovzilla
Rennlist Member

i've had so many positive experiences purchasing parts from good honest rennlist members that this wheels/tire deal was very discouraging...could be the sign of the times and he was really in need of the money but it is still the best policy to be up-front when describing a part....

the 356 world taught me alot about part descriptions...the pieces of jewelery that adorn those cars (shine-up license lights, rear reflectors, horn buttons,etc)have to be described to a "T" or you become a memeber of the sh_t list right away.

Last edited by groovzilla; 04-16-2009 at 04:27 PM.
Old 04-16-2009, 03:05 PM
BlueHeeler
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lemons and lemonade

I am pretty sure I know the wheels/pic you are referring to. Very disappointing.

Although it would be an unanticipated cost, you could look into having them refinished. The Cup wheels look great painted IMHO. Lemons and lemonade
Old 04-16-2009, 03:18 PM
DAVISRILEY
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I agree with Bluheeler. Mine are getting powdercoated as we speak.
Old 04-16-2009, 05:17 PM
Kahdmus
Addict
Rennlist Member

William, sorry you had a bad experience, this is incredibly rare here in my experience and 964 r'listers have done so much to help me since I have been a member and saved me literally $000's!

I will also add that there are always two sides to a story and, although I thoroughly appreciate you not naming names, the seller can still be easily deduced.

I bought a set of used original cup II's a few years ago and they were the cheapest I could find (can't remember exact price but over $1k). Prices have plummeted in the last year and yet I see less of them available on Ebay etc. It is always disappointing when things don't meet up to expectations but even if you have to have them repainted you will have a perfect set of wheels for way below what you would have paid a couple of years ago for a decent set. In other words, keep smiling...the glass is half full.
Old 04-16-2009, 07:52 PM
groovzilla
Rennlist Member

khadmus....i certainly am not complaining about the price i paid, however, there were several sets to choose from that were for sale and one set offered was local and were in the same condition as the set i purchased.

it's over and we all move forward!
Old 04-16-2009, 09:07 PM
Kahdmus
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by groovzilla
khadmus....i certainly am not complaining about the price i paid, however, there were several sets to choose from that were for sale and one set offered was local and were in the same condition as the set i purchased.

it's over and we all move forward!
Yeah, totally understand how you feel. As I said, I would have felt same.

Good that you are looking on the bright side!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: real contrast regarding parts received!!!!!