Sponsored by:

Non-self canceling turn signals

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2009, 11:29 AM
cmm964
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Non-self canceling turn signals

Can anyone help me to pin point the problem with my indicators. The left hand turn signal does not self cancel. I have tried replacing the column stalk unit but that has made no difference. Is this a common problem and does anyone know the cause?

I would be grateful for any assistance.

Chris
Old 04-12-2009, 11:56 AM
DAVISRILEY
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Chris-when mine did this, all I had to do was loosen the fitting that holds the column stalk to the column, and move it slighty up, towards the steering wheel. You can get to the fitting with all the column shrouds in place, and it took 3 minutes. Hopefully it helps.
Old 04-12-2009, 12:20 PM
Livefreeandrive
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

+1. there is a small hole in the plastic under the casing that wraps around stalk. i believe it is 8mm and enters at a steep angle. Once you loosen it, slide the whole unit towards the wheel so cancelation flange can make contact. See crumby picture........
Attached Images  
Old 04-12-2009, 12:27 PM
cmm964
Track Day

Thanks Guys, it definately sounds like an adjustment problem rather than anything actually broken, good news. I will try repositioning the stalk unit tomorrow.

Thanks again to you both

Chris
Old 04-12-2009, 08:43 PM
user 783003
Banned

Would this be my problem if I had the same issue as above with my left signal not cancelling AND my right tun indicator doesn't stick at all?

If so, more info on the adjustment would be most helpful.
Old 04-12-2009, 09:46 PM
DAVISRILEY
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by alfred_hybrid
Would this be my problem if I had the same issue as above with my left signal not cancelling AND my right tun indicator doesn't stick at all?

If so, more info on the adjustment would be most helpful.
Mine never had the problem of not sticking, but the price for the adustment is right, so it's worth a shot. The whole lever assemble is held on with a band clamp type asembly. Loosen the bolt, and slide it back just a little. If you are ever in the Bloomington area, let me know and I can help you out.
Old 04-13-2009, 08:29 AM
cmm964
Track Day

Default Problem fixed

The advice is spot-on and took anly a few minutes. Mine is now fixed and working perfectly. It is worth noting that once the clamp is loosened the column stalk assembly does not seem to move far (hardly at all in fact) but whatever movement there is makes a difference.

Thanks again for the advice.

Chris
Old 04-13-2009, 10:46 AM
elbeee964
Nordschleife Master

Received 74 Likes on 51 Posts

(another $100+ adjustment bill thus thwarted in Rennland.)

(think I'll stick around...)
Old 04-13-2009, 11:47 AM
DAVISRILEY
Three Wheelin'

Good to hear, glad it worked.
Old 03-11-2018, 05:55 PM
tjb616
Rennlist Member

Received 135 Likes on 105 Posts

EDIT: I believe this thread post #9 answered my question. Correct me if I'm wrong, but you DO need to install the airbag clock spring for a working turn signal cancelation. Which brings me to my next question... how is it possible to install the horn contact pad often referenced in Momo installs such as this one with this clock spring? Or are canceling turn signals and a Momo wheel with a functioning horn mutually exclusive?

Bumping an old thread here with a similar issue.

I removed my airbag clock spring a while back when I installed my Momo hub/wheel and ever since the auto canceling of the turn signals stopped working. Now Im questioning the connection (not literal) between the issue and the airbag clock spring. Does the airbag clock spring need to be installed for this feature to work?

What is the "cancelation flange" mentioned in the quote below from an earlier post?

I've removed the whole turn singal stalk assembly and replaced it with a 2 stalk unit (also 964) since I am deleting the cruise control.

Thanks,

Originally Posted by Livefreeandrive
+1. there is a small hole in the plastic under the casing that wraps around stalk. i believe it is 8mm and enters at a steep angle. Once you loosen it, slide the whole unit towards the wheel so cancelation flange can make contact. See crumby picture........

Last edited by tjb616; 03-11-2018 at 06:10 PM.

Quick Reply: Non-self canceling turn signals