Introduction and first question

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2018, 08:17 PM
dbrennlist
7th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Introduction and first question

Hi Everyone.

As this is my first foray to this forum, I believe a little introduction is in order.

My name is Dario, age 55, from Milan, Italy, even though I'm a true Globetrotter, for business reasons.

I'm a car buff, I currently own 3 cars, one of which is a convertible 1992 911, 964 C4 model. Bought some 10 years ago, it's now a Top Restoration.

I'm going to post a pic on the 964 prices thread.

I've been reading posts on rennlist for quite some time now, and eventually decided to sign up.

However, I'm still trying to find out the name and the purpose of a tool contained in most 911 tool bags of the time. It's obviously an Allen Key, shaped at 90° angle.

I'm attaching a picture of it. Any hint is appreciated.

In the meantime, thank you for reading this and drive safe.
Old 03-08-2018, 10:28 PM
JohnK964
Three Wheelin'

Received 272 Likes on 159 Posts

Welcome to the forum. There are procedures to open or close the sunroof and door windows also to move the electric seats back and forth if the motor fails. I am not 100% certain at all on the sunroof and windows operations but the seat definitely uses a hex or polygon shaped wrench to manually move them back and forth.
Old 03-08-2018, 11:35 PM
Goughary
Race Car

Received 395 Likes on 262 Posts

Ciao Dario....i lived at vicolo dei lavandai through the 90s...glad to know we have some 964 back home!

Let's see some pics of the car when you get a chance...
Old 03-09-2018, 06:01 AM
dbrennlist
7th Gear

Originally Posted by JohnK964
Welcome to the forum. There are procedures to open or close the sunroof and door windows also to move the electric seats back and forth if the motor fails. I am not 100% certain at all on the sunroof and windows operations but the seat definitely uses a hex or polygon shaped wrench to manually move them back and forth.
Hi John. Thanks for your reply. I thought so, as the body shop guy hinted to the seats. So I'll have to search for the "Seat Allen Wrench Tool"? I'm missing that one, although the reason might be the sport seats...
Old 03-09-2018, 06:40 AM
dbrennlist
7th Gear

Originally Posted by Goughary
Ciao Dario....i lived at vicolo dei lavandai through the 90s...glad to know we have some 964 back home!

Let's see some pics of the car when you get a chance...
Ciao. Vicolo dei Lavandai, home to the restaurant "El Brellin", one of the fanciest in Milan back then. I wonder if they're still there... One of the quaintest neighborhoods in Milan, you must have loved living in Zona Ticinese...

I just posted on https://rennlist.com/forums/964-foru...l#post14856651 including some specs.

I don't have many recent pics, but here's a few from a road trip in Veneto and Friuli in August 2012:

Becker Indianapolis Stereo. I changed it with Porsche Classic Radio. HUGE MISTAKE. I'm switching back ASAP!!!

Old 03-11-2018, 01:23 AM
Mixter
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Beautiful Triple Black Cab! Great pics!
Thanks for sharing.

Quick Reply: Introduction and first question