Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Speaker wiring question

Old 03-19-2009, 09:22 PM
stinkydog
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Speaker wiring question

My wiring diagram shows a couple of fuses in the speaker wirings paths, between the booster (under the passenger seat) and the crossovers. (At least I think they're fuses - I'm not totally clear on all the symbols used in the factory diagrams). ...see attached image...

Does anybody know where those fuses(?) are located in the car? I'm in the middle of replacing my crossovers and blown front speakers, and the driver's side is DOA. I'm hoping it's something simple like a fuse, and not a broken wire somewhere....
Attached Images  
Old 03-22-2009, 12:51 AM
speedcat
Instructor

I don't think there are any fuses in the speaker wiring, just connectors. Does this chart help?

This is an excerpt of Porsche 928 Electrics - Wiring Diagram Primer ©Copyright Alan C. Moore 2006, 2007
See www.928-Electrics.com for further information, updates and other services - including the full Wiring Diagram Primer document this is excerpted from and details of the master document Porsche 928-Electrics of which the Wiring Diagram Primer is one section.
Old 03-22-2009, 03:40 PM
stinkydog
Instructor

Thanks. Based on that chart, they do appear to be connectors... any idea what the "5" and the "3" mean? I had figured those would be amp ratings for fuses.
Attached Images  
Old 03-22-2009, 03:43 PM
speedcat
Instructor

Probably pin locations in the connectors. Good luck finding the problem, hopefully it is just a loose connection.
Old 03-23-2009, 12:43 PM
stevepaa
Rennlist Member

Those are pins 5 and 3 in the T7 connector or T11 connector.

Maybe someone will look in the wiring diagrams before I do tonight to tell you where to find those connectors.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Speaker wiring question