Looking for a 93 or 94 C2 manual coupe

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2009, 10:33 PM
misterbeverlyhills
Rennlist Member

Received 225 Likes on 132 Posts
Default Looking for a 93 or 94 C2 manual coupe

Hi all,
Looking for a nice exterior color, no red, black, silver or white and no beige/linen interiors, prefer black or navy or even burgundy.

Would love to find a blue or burgundy or violet or?? I am on the west coast but let me know what you have, the internet has shrunk the earth. I am a longtime Porsche owner, mostly early cars but also a couple of 80's Carerras.

I can do some work but ideally would like to find a car without excessive mileage and something that has been well looked after; hence the post here.

I am willing to pay fair market value in cash so let me know what you have, just don't let the username get you too excited.
Thanks in advance., email is best 90210@misterbeverlyhills.com
Old 03-16-2009, 12:27 AM
Streetfighter
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

In my opinion don't just limit yourself to the late model 964's when there are excellent examples from
'89-'92. Don't pass up a great example because its not the color your looking for. Best of luck.
Old 03-16-2009, 11:36 AM
misterbeverlyhills
Rennlist Member

Default You're right

I would of course look at any year 964, I would prefer the latter years but is a great color came along I would buy it regardless of year.

There are so many individual and standout colors that were offered on this car (and delivered in Europe) it is a shame the US dealer network was so afraid of getting stuck with them and opted for red, white, black and silver. When they did order a great color they stuck a linen interior on it a la Miami Vice which just like Don Johnson looks a little grimey and out of place today.

Thanks for the tip.
Old 03-16-2009, 03:36 PM
Streetfighter
Rennlist Member

Your on the right path which is being open minded about the car colors and cars which is the first step to finding a good one. I agree the US did not get as many unique colored cars as Europe. California always a lot of Porsches one the best places to start your search.
Old 03-21-2009, 08:09 PM
misterbeverlyhills
Rennlist Member

I love them all but red, black silver and white just seem to look better on other people's cars. I have found a few with nice colors but they are either C4's or have linen interiors which look a little ragged today if they haven't been looked after, even if they have.

The other thing and this is discussed eleswhere under pricing, is that everyone I talk to says a later car in good nick is high teens; yet everyone I see advertised is high 20's or mid twenties if it has gone round the clock. There is a chap with an ad on Craig's list in the mid 20's and he says "not interested in negotiating the price". Cobalt blue (C4) but no photo and not much description so maybe he should have said " not interested in selling the car".

Ideally I would like a loud color with black or navy interior 92 or newer with low miles and I will pay all the money for it, tell a friend.
Thanks,
Old 03-21-2009, 10:22 PM
Damian in NJ
Race Director

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Props to you on ponying up for a membership rather than carpetbagging to help you with your search.
Old 03-22-2009, 12:23 AM
Streetfighter
Rennlist Member

If you find a car you like post the ad up and have us take a look at it for feedback on price, condition etc. In terms of C2's I have not seen one in Chicago for a while. I will keep my eyes open for you.
Old 03-22-2009, 02:34 AM
Oracle
Pro

Why no to beige/linen? You could miss the best car for just some interior bits that you can buy for a few hundreds or plain dye..
Sounds to me you're almost not interested to buy...
Old 03-22-2009, 10:46 AM
misterbeverlyhills
Rennlist Member

Default Who asked you?

I have been around Porsches for a long time, I am looking for the car that I want not your opinions of what constitues a nice interior on my car.

If it is so cold and dull up north right now that it has blunted your manners then I suggest you best keep silent and be thought a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt.
Old 03-22-2009, 11:05 AM
andrew911
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by misterbeverlyhills
it is a shame the US dealer network was so afraid of getting stuck with them and opted for red, white, black and silver.
Actually, It's not at all surprising that they didn't want to take chances- we were in a recession in the time period you're looking for ('93-'94 model year cars), and they probably had problems moving what they had. Keep in mind, the 964 was before they cheapened the materials/hand made build process which were expensive (I believe the 993 was cheaper to build and buy (per sticker price) than the 964, and in my opinion (i.e. don't get offended if you have one and are mad at my opinion), the 996 may as well have been an entirely different model it was so different and PLASTIC.

My car had a sticker of $78K- a lot of money even today. Must have been tough to move that back in the recession 2 recessions ago, which was deeper than the last recession but not as bad as this recession

Anyway, I too was specific in that I wanted only a C2 Cabriolet, stick only, and with fewer than 40K miles- I was willing to consider any of the primary colors (red, black, silver, dark blue, or ??). I found the car I was looking for (this is back in 2002), but it took me 6 months and I had to buy it 1,200 miles away. Worth the wait to get what I wanted, and as a bonus the car only had 13K miles on her (now she has 25k miles)

Good luck with the search! Check Porshce Club of America, Autotrader, Hemmings, etc etc...

Last edited by andrew911; 03-29-2009 at 11:25 AM.
Old 03-22-2009, 11:19 AM
Oracle
Pro

Originally Posted by misterbeverlyhills
I have been around Porsches for a long time, I am looking for the car that I want not your opinions of what constitues a nice interior on my car.

If it is so cold and dull up north right now that it has blunted your manners then I suggest you best keep silent and be thought a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt.
Wow.. I'm not interested in getting in a verbal fight with you. I just gave my opinion which is why you participate in a public forum. Don't be around lecturing when you don't get replies that are not what you expected.
Manners??? Eat your fiber grandpa.
Old 03-22-2009, 11:40 AM
misterbeverlyhills
Rennlist Member

Default Dude, this is not cool

I am not interested in your opinion, which I am pretty sure has been a recurring theme for you with most people. I am looking for a car, if you have one let me know otherwise go away there's a good fellow.

Quick Reply: Looking for a 93 or 94 C2 manual coupe