Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What Sound System is in your 964?

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2009, 09:16 AM
DaveK
Race Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've been looking for a new head unit for the TT, since I want to be able to stream music from my phone. Although I have an ipod, I don't always have it with me, and since my CDs fit on a 16GB memory card the phone has got it all anyway (and 32GB cards are just around the corner).

I know Alpine do a little box which will allow streaming with certain of their head units - but they're just a bit too glitzy (in fact, I've had an Alpine in the 964 for years and I'm now looking at it a bit critically!).

So, I did a search and found this thread - and I have fallen in love a bit with this :

Originally Posted by ped964
I think that does everything I want! Ipod connectivity if I want it, aux in via mini-jack if I want it (allows me to use phones that don't stream via BT, although I think all the phones I use do anyway), and streaming via BT. And, no glitz at all - I assume when it's off it will simply look black.

Thanks to ped964 - an excellent find!
Old 09-29-2009, 12:25 PM
altarchsa
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

While I respect the opinions of those who don't want sound systems in their cars, these were the best aural things I did to my car, just ahead of the primary bypass and the air filter mod.: JL sub in custom box to replace rear seat bottom and back, and Infinity Kappa Perfect Components in doors. Alpine head unit and BIG Alpine 5 channel amp in boot were important, but the speakers make the difference IMO. Rear seat replacement did not utilize seat components, so update is completely reversible.I'm not crazy about the appearance, complex user interface and crude/Japanese appearance of the Alpine head units. That head unit in the preceding post looks incredible!
Attached Images   
Old 07-10-2011, 12:43 PM
J81 JKR
Pro

Talking

While not 100% worried about sound quality (flat six etc etc) I do want a stereo that looks the part- just bought a Becker Indianapolis Pro after searching for one for months!
Old 07-10-2011, 12:47 PM
Ish993
Burning Brakes

I had a Nakamichi head unit, ipod connection 500w amp
Old 07-10-2011, 01:09 PM
Vandit
Nordschleife Master

Received 47 Likes on 36 Posts

I've got a pretty nice looking Pioneer Premier headunit w/ iPod connectivity and what appear to be Polk Audio components and something else on the back speaker shelf.

I really can't speak to how they sound, the prior owner was running them through an amp and what not and didn't included it in the sale of the car, so the entire system is not functional at the moment.

I've been rolling since March listening to flat six w/ a G-pipe.
Old 07-10-2011, 01:59 PM
Unkle
Pro

Wanted to save a little weight, so i removed the old factory amp, removed multi changer, removed factory rear speakers and just refitted the speaker grilles, now I just have some Rainbow speaker components in the front and a Becker CD H/unit. Nice matching orange display and looks pretty OE and subtle to me.

Last edited by Unkle; 01-14-2013 at 10:04 AM.
Old 07-10-2011, 04:17 PM
kboustani
Racer

Received 16 Likes on 5 Posts

alpine speakers and 5 channel alpine amp.
custom fiberglass sub box.amazing set up.
eclipse head unit with bluetooth

Last edited by kboustani; 05-16-2012 at 10:01 PM.
Old 07-10-2011, 11:25 PM
ACSGP
Pro

Have this:

(colour can be switched to orange), but want to move to this

Would look great when flush with the dash.

Review:
http://caraudiomag.com/articles/pioneer-dex-p99rs

Quick Reply: What Sound System is in your 964?