Old 04-06-2009, 01:15 PM
Wachuko
Professor of Pending Projects
Rennlist Member

Received 23 Likes on 22 Posts
Talking

Originally Posted by PorscheCarrera964
wimp
Will work great when going out with the wife since I will not be able to hear sh**!

Maybe it was because I was standing right next to it... but it was too loud to keep like that... the beauty of it is how easy is to go from one setup to the next. So I know I will give it a try like that one of these days...

With the muffler is even more quiet than with my old setup (catbypass, stock primary, g-pipe), a bit of a bummer since I loved the sound before... now is muted by comparison.
Old 04-06-2009, 01:19 PM
PorscheCarrera964
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Wachuko
Will work great when going out with the wife since I will not be able to hear sh**!

Maybe it was because I was standing right next to it... but it was too loud to keep like that... the beauty of it is how easy is to go from one setup to the next. So I know I will give it a try like that one of these days...

With the muffler is even more quiet than with my old setup (catbypass, stock primary, g-pipe), a bit of a bummer since I loved the sound before... now is muted by comparison.
Thats why I considered trading you setups a while back, bc it is much quieter than what you had

I totally understand, EVERYTIME I take the gf in the cab, I repeat this 400 times "huh" "what" "I cant hear you", sometimes it works out for the best, aka arguing lolz

I drove it to the beach yesterday, 2 hours of traffic, top down, 95 degrees....wanted to die
Old 04-06-2009, 02:16 PM
Scotty964cab
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Purrr......fect! That's what our cars need to sound like. You know, most of our driving is not under full pressure. It's mostly, cruisin' the boulevards, with stopping and a lot of under 3000 rpms. When you're not heavy on the throttle, the melody of the six is stunning! Cheers.
Old 04-07-2009, 09:39 PM
jeremy@matrix
Racer

Received 40 Likes on 35 Posts

Any dyno sheets? Someone with a 964 has to live in the NE.
Old 04-07-2009, 10:44 PM
Scotty964cab
Racer

I'm speaking with Fabspeed about turning my car over to them for a week. They are planning a full evaluation and dyno statistics for the 964 with different Fabspeed setups. They planning several new configurations. I'll let you know when it goes down.
Old 04-08-2009, 03:25 PM
NineMeister
Addict
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 194 Likes on 97 Posts

Got to warn you Scotty, the limiting factor for testing exhaust configurations on a stock engine will be the injector flow rate and ecu mapping, so if you are expecting gains without making other changes you will be disappointed with everything apart from the noise level & tone (provided a noisy exhaust float your boat, of course!).

A couple of years ago I tested multiple exhaust systems on a low mileage 964RS fitted with the 9m Motec conversion, which meant that I could easily retune the system to measure performance variations that were purely due to the exhaust system changes. In that test (every cat/cup/G pipe/silencer combination + 2 sets of headers) the headers came out top in every respect over all the combination of stock parts, the gains were not huge but definitely worthwhile. However I also know from experience that the same headers on a standard car with stock ecu would have had far less power & torque than the same engine with its totally stock exhaust (& Cat) on Motec.
Old 04-08-2009, 04:10 PM
Wachuko
Rennlist Member

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Scotty964cab
I'm speaking with Fabspeed about turning my car over to them for a week. They are planning a full evaluation and dyno statistics for the 964 with different Fabspeed setups. They planning several new configurations. I'll let you know when it goes down.
So you are the one! Good luck!! and keep us posted.
Old 04-09-2009, 10:38 PM
doug751
Racer

Received 45 Likes on 22 Posts

Somebody please tell us... Did it fit well? Were all the issues resolved? Was it worth the money? Does it sound nice with the mufflers? Any additional power? Should we invest in this product?

Thank you!
Old 04-09-2009, 11:39 PM
N51
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by NineMeister
Got to warn you Scotty, the limiting factor for testing exhaust configurations on a stock engine will be the injector flow rate and ecu mapping, so if you are expecting gains without making other changes you will be disappointed with everything apart from the noise level & tone (provided a noisy exhaust float your boat, of course!).
You're telling it true.
Old 04-09-2009, 11:40 PM
Wachuko
Rennlist Member

Cool

Originally Posted by doug751
Somebody please tell us... Did it fit well? Were all the issues resolved? Was it worth the money? Does it sound nice with the mufflers? Any additional power? Should we invest in this product?

Thank you!
https://rennlist.com/forums/964-foru...-few-q-13.html

Very well built, beautiful to look at. With muffler in place the sound is quiet in comparison to what I had (Fabspeed cat bypass, stock primary, Fabspeed G-Pipe). Without muffler, using the straight pipes it is LOUD!!, sweet sound, but LOUD! I-will-be-kicked-out-of-my-house LOUD...

I ordered heat and need to get some heat hoses to finish the install as the ones that the system comes with are meant to be attached to the old ones and my old ones are not long enough (plus I used one in place of the rubber ones in front, see photos so that all this makes better sense).

The muffler seems to sit lower than it should... so asking Fabspeed to look into that. No response yet.
Old 04-10-2009, 12:32 AM
crg53
Rennlist Member

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

All I can say is that I am having problems with fitment. I spoke with Alex, and he assured me they will do everything possible to fix my problems. Will report back later.
Old 04-10-2009, 12:40 AM
crg53
Rennlist Member

Scotty, when is your car scheduled for a visited to Fabspeed for the install?
Old 04-10-2009, 02:00 PM
Scotty964cab
Racer

I need to work out a few details. I'll keep you posted.
Old 04-11-2009, 03:41 AM
andytat
AutoX

We have just fitted a set on Roadsleepers project 964.
I don't have any pics as they are all on his camera & he is on holiday but I can say they fit even better than Porsche headers and the quality of materials/welding is superb. We haven't driven the car on the road yet as we are still assembling it but it sounds really nice, with no resonance at mid rpms.
I'm sure roadsleeper will post his vid when he has time.

Andy
Old 04-11-2009, 02:11 PM
crg53
Rennlist Member

Did you get the set with heat? I have had a lot trouble fitting mine. Drove it yesterday, no heat hooked up, and I have resonance between 2400-2800RPM, very annoying.

Quick Reply: Fabspeed 964 C2/C4/RS RSR Header Muffler Kit