Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Chip upgrade advice sought (UK)

Old 02-17-2009, 09:03 AM
Talat
Racer

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by NineMeister
According to my missus I'm absolutely the World's worst at multi-tasking - so if you want them done properly I'd recommend you not to!
As an aside is the Motec easily reversible/transferable to another car ? i.e. if I get one fitted to my C4 and later buy a C2 - is it easy to put the C4 back to stock and swap the Motec over to the C2 ?
Old 02-17-2009, 09:06 AM
Gary C2 UK
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yes....

Did you get the C4 Celebration in the end? Making plans to fit the RS bumper now?

Regards,

Gary
Old 02-17-2009, 09:13 AM
Talat
Racer

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Gary C2 UK
Yes....

Did you get the C4 Celebration in the end? Making plans to fit the RS bumper now?

Regards,

Gary
Hi Gary,

Yes I did Need to source a turbo bumper rear quarter so that I can run with a dual exit exhaust. Also need to find a good bodyshop since I called one Porsche Indy and the price was, lets say, a little bit more than what I was expecting
Old 02-17-2009, 09:58 AM
NineMeister
Addict
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 191 Likes on 94 Posts

Originally Posted by Talat
As an aside is the Motec easily reversible/transferable to another car ? i.e. if I get one fitted to my C4 and later buy a C2 - is it easy to put the C4 back to stock and swap the Motec over to the C2 ?
Yes it is. The only part that has to be non-reversibly converted is the throttle body, so if this is the intention from the get-go you should consider spending the extra on a 993 throttle body for the first conversion and put the original one in the spares bin so you can return it to stock easily. This also means that we do not have to alter the wiring because the 993 TPS has the same plug configuration as the 964 loom. All this assumes that you are using the later plastic intake manifold.

On the subject of C4's, the best way for us to map the motec is on the chassis dyno but our rollers are only 2wd, so we could either fit a 2wd gearbox for the conversion or simply do all the mapping on the road, but obviously you won't get a before/after dyno printout. There are 4wd dynos available locally but the owners of same will not let me do the driving on the rollers, so using them for mapping purposes is not possible.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Chip upgrade advice sought (UK)