Sponsored by:

Valentine's Day & other Friday Folleys

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2009, 12:03 PM
elbeee964
Nordschleife Master

Received 74 Likes on 51 Posts
Talking Valentine's Day & other Friday Folleys

Friday splurge-drive in to work. (1/2-hr drive, arrive more refreshed than leaving the house. A miracle, that car's recuperative powers.)

Tonight, celebrate both of us coming off colds shared last weekend. (-not the car.)

A drive this weekend seems inevitable, too. (ie, no garage work... the car's been a champ this winter!)

Weekend backroads drive: She likes, I likes, the car likes... What's not to like?
Old 02-13-2009, 12:21 PM
ilko
Agent Orange
Rennlist Member

Received 504 Likes on 186 Posts

Dinner at a local Swiss restaurant tomorrow night! Already reserved the table in front of the fire place. Can't wait

I *may* take the car out for a drive this weekend if the weather is dry.
Old 02-13-2009, 12:31 PM
hawk911
Race Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Doubt I'll be driving the car, as we're supposed to get 1-2 inches of snow. Maybe I'll wash and wax, or take the wheels off for a well needed cleaning.
Old 02-13-2009, 01:20 PM
Rocket Rob
IHI KING!
Rennlist Member

Received 221 Likes on 175 Posts

I plan on dropping the engine on the C2. It developed an oil leak behind the power steering pump over the summer. I also want to take a second look at the clutch which is reluctant to release some times. I've already replaced the master, slave cylinders, slave line and roll pin. We had warm weather for a few days, making it hard to resist taking the P-cars out of hibernation. I'm looking forward to spring so I can resume driving them again.
Old 02-13-2009, 02:28 PM
hawk911
Race Car

Originally Posted by Rocket Rob
I plan on dropping the engine on the C2. It developed an oil leak behind the power steering pump over the summer. I also want to take a second look at the clutch which is reluctant to release some times. I've already replaced the master, slave cylinders, slave line and roll pin. We had warm weather for a few days, making it hard to resist taking the P-cars out of hibernation. I'm looking forward to spring so I can resume driving them again.
The idea of dropping the engine scares the hell outta me. I give you a lot of credit.
Old 02-13-2009, 02:53 PM
race911
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Engine drops on 964's are still pretty easy. I think my record for a carb'd engine hooked up to a 901 box and no A/C is about 30 mins. 993's and all the rear suspension subframe are what irritate me.
Old 02-13-2009, 02:55 PM
hawk911
Race Car

pretty easy for me is changing the oil in the darn thing. Dropping an engine sounds daunting. I'm sure the first time is slow and painful, but gets "easy" the more you do it.
Old 02-13-2009, 03:40 PM
Kahdmus
Addict
Rennlist Member

Happy Valentines Day/weekend to one and all and I hope you and your cars survive the perils of Friday the 13th!

I may or may not give the C2 a wash and wax this weekend. The car needs it but there is rain forecast and I'm not sure if I'll be driving it next week or not. I just cleaned the interior and the cabin is looking fantastic so she might have to suffice with that for now.
Old 02-13-2009, 03:41 PM
Kahdmus
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by hawk911
pretty easy for me is changing the oil in the darn thing. Dropping an engine sounds daunting. I'm sure the first time is slow and painful, but gets "easy" the more you do it.
I have the same thoughts exactly. I just need to perhaps do this with some hand holding the first time...or two!
Old 02-13-2009, 03:55 PM
jimq
Burgled
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Its a beautiful warm day here. I have been running around doing errands and such with the top down.
Old 02-13-2009, 04:35 PM
Streetfighter
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Today I drove the 911, its cold around 40 or so, but the streets have been dry with all the rain we have had. I washed and waxed the car yesterday and I have been enjoying my new tires. I picked up a pair of Falken's which I have been really impressed with! Also did an oil change this week as well. Tonight I am taking my girlfriend to see Friday the 13th. For now the Porsche is in the garage, we are supposed to have a couple inches of snow tonight into tomorrow. Have a good weekend everyone.
Old 02-13-2009, 04:45 PM
BlueHeeler
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jimq
Its a beautiful warm day here. I have been running around doing errands and such with the top down.

Its a beautiful warm day here. I have been in a cubical checking code... with the top down.
Old 02-13-2009, 06:56 PM
LouZ
Addict
Rennlist Member

Location: Philly Area ----- George Washington took a dump in my backyard!
Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Bought roses on line (simple, and keeps me out of the doghouse) Already delivered so I'm set for V-day.

Will do SOMETHING with the 964 over the weekend + Monday, even if it is no more than sitting in it with the engine idling, visualizing the first DE of the season.
Old 02-14-2009, 12:04 AM
Porscheholic
Pro

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

Tomorrow I'm being forced to do some maintenance work on one of our rentals. I'd just as soon pay someone else to do it and be done with it, but wifey insists we do it ourselves. Yes, dear. Sunday is the first day of the Tour of California, the race is from Davis to Santa Rosa, and I think I'll check out the finish line since Lance Armstrong is in the race. We expect a lot of cycling fans in town this weekend. To make things interesting it's supposed to rain heavily all weekend, up to three inches or so. Kind of a drag, but we desperately need the rain, so can't really complain. Might save us from a drought.
Old 02-14-2009, 12:21 AM
Kahdmus
Addict
Rennlist Member

The stretch of hwy1 running past my house is closed for the race on Monday. I think I'll just plan on going nowhere all day as no doubt it will be crazy..

Quick Reply: Valentine's Day & other Friday Folleys