Sponsored by:

Friday folley

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2009, 10:14 AM
hawk911
Race Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Friday folley

Well, I've been slacking on my job lately, so let's get back into this.

I have no real plans for anything major on the Porsche this weekend. I have a wedding album to put together for a client, and possibly play with the camera a bit too, if the mood hits my wife. I've been busy with the photography, and have plans to try a shoot later this spring with the car if car, model, and wife all align together. I'll have to reassemble the door panels; I might try using my RS style for the shoot as it's a cleaner look, and far more updated than the stock door panels.

I need to clean up wheels too. I debated on painting until I found out cost to have it done. Too rich for my non-existent budget now. Maybe later, as I really like the look. oh yeah- trackmats would be nice too!!!

So what's on your agenda for the weekend?
Old 01-23-2009, 11:05 AM
meek
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Off up to Lincolnshire to do some shooting with a few friends. Hopefully the weather will be better than it has been over here as I don't fancy sitting in a hide, in a ditch all day, especially when the pigeons are reluctant to play ball at this time of year. Plus I need something to eat on Sunday , which will mostly entail eating said pigeons and lazing about.
Old 01-23-2009, 11:25 AM
ilko
Agent Orange
Rennlist Member

Received 504 Likes on 186 Posts

I'm going to be all by myself this weekend, so I have plenty of stuff planned...

My compressor broke, so while I'm waiting for replacement parts I won't be able to change the rear suspension. That means I'll work on the front. I did the left side in about an hour last weekend, tomorrow I'll be doing the right side.

I'm also hooking up a boost, voltmeter, and AFR gauges if the parts arrive today. FedEx says they will...

If I have time I'll look into the reverse lights switch because my back-up lights haven't been working.

I have a squeak in the door that only happens when I'm driving with the window all the way up. There must be something loose in there, might try to look into that.

Also I have a rattle in the central vent after I installed the new dash, so I want to check that as well.

I'll be pretty busy in other words
Old 01-23-2009, 11:42 AM
Jonnygo1
Pro

Of course it's going to be cold again here but here's what I want to get done:

1. Complete aero mirror install.
2. Remove side skirts for re-paint.
3. Remove rear bumper in preparation for completion of dual exhaust (from Fabspeed). I have no idea how to get it off so it should be an adventure
4. Install WEVO motor mounts.
5. Replace driver side door switch.

I doubt I'm going to get this all done as I spent an hour on the driver's side mirror the other day and am not finished yet!
Old 01-23-2009, 12:47 PM
Kahdmus
Addict
Rennlist Member

After a week of gorgeous sunshine and high temps it started raining (which is much needed in CA) I had to sadly put the roof up but was reminded how well the heater/AC works on my C2 and how fast the car de-mists. I love my car.

Hey Johnny, any chance you could take a couple of shots of where the fastners for the rear bumper are as you remove it? I need to take mine off in the coming weeks and a few shots of how it releases would be really useful. I think Tom W showed me how to do this a few years ago but my memory fails me.
Old 01-23-2009, 01:30 PM
RSGulp
Racer

I haven't driven the RS since the UK Donington Circuit meeting in early December! Our local councils put salt/grit all over the roads at the slightest hint of ice and with no underseal the car would suffer bad.

Just looking forward to Spring to begin and a chance to get the car back out again.
Old 01-23-2009, 01:31 PM
elbeee964
Nordschleife Master

Received 74 Likes on 51 Posts

Introduce potential girlfriend to car for (Sunday?) drive.

She's coming from Subaru-land, so will have to be mindful of an 'inexperienced's' comfort levels. Introduce the two to each other as gently as possible. Work in reinforcing displays of exhibition where they seem positively received... Hope for the best.

(Aim: ...would love for this to eventually become a ménage-a-trois.)
Old 01-23-2009, 01:42 PM
Kahdmus
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by elbeee964
Auntie kahdmus says: Just be careful she may run away with the car..
Old 01-23-2009, 01:58 PM
elbeee964
Nordschleife Master

Received 74 Likes on 51 Posts
Wink

-- amor's risks, ever present.
Old 01-23-2009, 04:10 PM
HalV
Rennlist Member

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by ilko
I'm going to be all by myself this weekend, so I have plenty of stuff planned...

My compressor broke, so while I'm waiting for replacement parts I won't be able to change the rear suspension. That means I'll work on the front. I did the left side in about an hour last weekend, tomorrow I'll be doing the right side.
Are you changing front suspension, too, or just doing maintenance?
Originally Posted by ilko
I'm also hooking up a boost, voltmeter, and AFR gauges if the parts arrive today. FedEx says they will...
What are you using as an AFR sensor? Where did you locate it?

I'm going to my first PCA tech session tomorrow. It'll be too cold to do any work my own car in my unheated garage.
Old 01-23-2009, 04:17 PM
boxsey911
Nordschleife Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by elbeee964
Introduce potential girlfriend to car for (Sunday?) drive.

She's coming from Subaru-land, so will have to be mindful of an 'inexperienced's' comfort levels. Introduce the two to each other as gently as possible. Work in reinforcing displays of exhibition where they seem positively received... Hope for the best.

I think she will find it charming compared to what she's used to. And don't forget....

.....we will need pics!
Old 01-23-2009, 04:23 PM
demonfish
Burning Brakes

Just to clear up Steve's post from above...

...of the girlfriend - we've seen the car
Old 01-23-2009, 04:28 PM
ilko
Agent Orange
Rennlist Member

Received 504 Likes on 186 Posts

Originally Posted by HalV
Are you changing front suspension, too, or just doing maintenance?

What are you using as an AFR sensor? Where did you locate it?

I'm going to my first PCA tech session tomorrow. It'll be too cold to do any work my own car in my unheated garage.
Changing the suspension completely. I've done it before, the first time it took me 8 hours, this time I'm aiming for 4

The AFR sensor will be a secondary wideband O2 sensor. I'm installing it separately since it involves welding. I'm just hooking up the wiring right now. I might connect it to the DME this weekend just to see how it works though.

The high will be 18ºF tomorrow and my garage is unheated. Ain't skairt!
Old 01-23-2009, 05:22 PM
jimq
Burgled
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Now that I found out about the broken odometer on the car and fixed it I need to change the oil. It had to have been broken for the last couple of hundred miles and I hadnt noticed. I have been putting in laminated floors in my hall all day so I will see how sore I am tomorrow. I may just go out to my property and drive my tractor around and bush hog the woods a bit then do a bit of kayaking up the river .
Old 01-23-2009, 05:24 PM
boxsey911
Nordschleife Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by demonfish
Just to clear up Steve's post from above...

...of the girlfriend - we've seen the car
Yep that's what I meant and I'm sure Lonnie will come back with a suitable repost

Quick Reply: Friday folley