Notices
964 Forum 1989-1994
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ouch! What's happened to my 1990 964 C4 Cab trans? Help!

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2008, 06:06 AM
Strega(UK)
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just out of interest, what size tyres are you running front and back? My mech noticed the fronts were the wrong diameter and suggested this could have caused the diff to be constantly winding up if you know what I mean.
I now have the correct size and have never had an issue again.
Old 11-24-2008, 05:36 PM
klr10
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Just got back from a brilliant two week vacation to Canada (Toronto, Montreal, Quebec and Ottawa). Visited my mech today to take him the new sound pad for my engine bay (may as well replace it while the engine's out). Turns out that I have totally standard wheels and tyres with no record of them ever being any different. He has however had to replace the clutch as the old one (less than 4,000m) had been slipping. It was replaced as a condition of sale when I bought the car and smelt a bit when I first drove it. As I'd never owned a 911 before I assumed it was just due to it bedding in, but it turns out this may have been the first indication all was not well. Anyway, new (used) gearbox going in, engine work being done and new sound pad, aero mirrors and third brakelight (bridge type) being added. Will get the old box fixed up when I find the parts cheap enough and keep as a spare. Car is going to the paint shop for the mirrors and brakelight and for the passenger door to be sorted (rust issues) if I haven't gone bankrupt by then... Update y'all when I have better news.
Attached Images   
Old 11-24-2008, 05:46 PM
klr10
Racer

Had a nice little win on ebay for £199 as well.....!
Attached Images  
Old 02-24-2009, 05:53 PM
klr10
Racer

Baby's back! New gearbpx and a top end rebuild, post more details tomorrow - Thanks Sean at Two Counties Garage... Happy days!

Quick Reply: Ouch! What's happened to my 1990 964 C4 Cab trans? Help!