Sponsored by:

The Informant

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2008, 06:46 PM
DWS964
Rennlist Member

Received 26 Likes on 12 Posts
Default The Informant

The Informant - due out in theaters in March 2009. Starring my C4 and co-starring Matt Damon
https://rennlist.com/forums/showpost...8&postcount=20
Old 08-05-2008, 06:54 PM
ilko
Agent Orange
Rennlist Member

Received 506 Likes on 187 Posts

Sweet
Old 08-05-2008, 07:08 PM
DWS964
Rennlist Member

OK, I'm going to brag a bit, OK, a lot, but you are all car guys, so I'm sure you understand.

My Porsche is being used in filming of Matt Damon's new movie, "The Informant". The transportation director from Warner Bros. sent out a solicitation in March for 1992 Porsches to be used to assemble a 1992 Porsche dealership for the movie. I responded with pictures of my car, and later received a call from the transportation director asking me if they could rent my car for the month of May for filming and use it as the "hero car" for the main character. He promised me that it will not be used for stunts or high speed chases, as in past Matt Damon movies. I wasn't sure what would come back in the truck at the end of the month. Shane paid for the car to be fully detailed, and looks better than ever. They sent a transport truck to my house to pick up the car, and returned it right to my door. I'm reluctant to drive it now, because it looks so good after the detailing. I stripped off my decals from my track time, and re-installed the original Porsche radio+cassette player (complete with Jimmy Buffet cassettes in the cassette holder), so that it looks 100% stock 1992.

It is interesting to see the transformation in my wife's appreciation of the car - from "your stupid thing" to "our car". She is currently searching for techniques to preserve Matt's bu*t imprint on the leather seats. The director invited me (Patti thinks that includes her, too, but her name is NOT on the title) to the filming to see the car in action. Was not quite sure what kind of "action" to expect. As you can see in the pics, on the day we were invited to the set, Oscar was busy building a god-awful contraption on the front of my car to mount a camera for the day's filming. It was cool to be on the set, mingling with the cast and crew. Had lunch with everyone. We talked to Matt for a bit. "so how do you like the Porsche?" "It's a great car, but they won't let me get it out of second gear."

The filming is in Decatur, IL, home of ADM - the company behind the story.

A link to Decatur, IL local info on the film:
http://www.herald-review.com/informant/

I am promised some official pictures of the car and Matt from the publicist some time soon.
Old 08-05-2008, 07:45 PM
wsybert
Pro

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

Brag away... that is so cool!
Old 08-05-2008, 08:14 PM
Kahdmus
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That is so cool!
Old 08-05-2008, 08:46 PM
aeroman
Man of Way Too Many Avatars
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Way cool.

Can you give a round about figure they paid you?
Old 08-05-2008, 09:16 PM
deoxford
Pro

That is really cool!
Old 08-05-2008, 09:31 PM
deep_uv
RIP

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Awesome!!!
Old 08-05-2008, 09:45 PM
dfinnegan
Drifting

Received 24 Likes on 24 Posts

That's great! Congrats.
Old 08-05-2008, 09:47 PM
elbeee964
Nordschleife Master

Received 74 Likes on 51 Posts

awwww...

How's your starlet taking this?
"matt was here." lol
I'd say you just added a couple grand asking price to any future sale of the car! See such things in AutoWeek's auction reports all the time...
Congrats!

Interesting point: How many here could still pass their car off as 'period-stock' from outside appearances?
(mine couldn't.)
Old 08-06-2008, 04:28 AM
DaveK
Race Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You've made me realise just how sad I really am - because I will watch this film specifically to see your car!
Old 08-06-2008, 05:32 AM
meek
Burning Brakes

Same here. Can't wait to see it in the film. Will probably sleep through the rest of it and ask someone to wake me when the C4 appears Kudos to Darrell!

Does this mean that 964 prices will sky-rocket?

PS you need to lacquer or armourfend that signiature.
Old 08-06-2008, 08:09 AM
Crystal Cranks
Racer

If I was told someone wanted my car for a movie and are sending round a transporter to pick it up and will return it in a month or so, I would have said it was a scam/hoax and would never see my car again.

Maybe I need to trust people more.

Who does your wife think looks better in the car you or Matt
Old 08-06-2008, 09:54 AM
DWS964
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Crystal Cranks
If I was told someone wanted my car for a movie and are sending round a transporter to pick it up and will return it in a month or so, I would have said it was a scam/hoax and would never see my car again.

Maybe I need to trust people more.

Who does your wife think looks better in the car you or Matt
Yes, I had a bit (OK, a Lot) of worry/apprehension when "Chance", the truck driver / ex-stunt man loaded my car and said Bye. And all I had was a check and some paper work. Oh, and several pictures of the truck, license plates, Chance, ....

I had to fart heavily in the car to get my wife to stop sniffing Matt's butt imprint in the drivers seat.

There were some bigger $$ cars in the stable for the movie, an 8-series BMW, Ferrari Testarrossa, Merc - all black; but the Porsche is getting most of the time on film, supposedly. The director liked my car because it was red (score one point for Red Porsches) and stood out in the line of cars.

I have to take the car back soon for another day of filming. (hopefully this is not for the ball-of-flaming-death scene) And then they would like to have it in January for some winter shots. The C4 will get to show its stuff in the snow.

I won't say how much the rent was, but it certainly helped pay for my recent clutch, maintenance, "might as well" visit to the shop. Plus, I got an outstanding detailing out of the deal.

The book behind the true story is pretty good, look for "The Informant"

Here is a link to a local news film clip:
(notice that the spoiler is not up, thus, Matt isn't driving the car very fast...)

http://www.wandtv.com/global/video/p...D&rnd=99468200
(no, I am not Mark Scranton - his car was in a parking lot scene, and also blew a radiator hose all over the set. And, Matt didn't like the hugging.)

Last edited by DWS964; 08-06-2008 at 12:02 PM. Reason: added notes about film clip
Old 08-06-2008, 10:10 AM
elbeee964
Nordschleife Master

Received 74 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by DWS964
...(hopefully this is not for the ball-of-flaming-death scene)
roflmao

Quick Reply: The Informant