Notices
964 Forum 1989-1994
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Installing New Windshield, Need Part Number Confirmation...

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2008, 02:36 PM
ilko
Agent Orange
Rennlist Member

Received 506 Likes on 187 Posts
Question Installing New Windshield, Need Part Number Confirmation...

My windshield recently developed a nice crack. I got GEICO to approve an OEM windshield after going back and forth with them for a few days.

Here's the part numbers that I think I need:

964 541 011 01 windscreen tinted upper part: dark green
964 541 225 00 sealing frame

Any other parts I might be missing? I don't want to drive my car all the way to the City and have the body shop tell me to come back. I don't want to have to park in Manhattan!

Thanks!
Old 07-17-2008, 03:02 PM
mojorizing
Rennlist Member

Received 41 Likes on 31 Posts

Is that windshield have an embedded antenna?

Also, installation procedures are in the Workshop manual pages 64-1 thru 64-7

Be sure they prep and paint any scratches or rust spots under the seal.
Old 07-17-2008, 03:07 PM
User 040621
Drifting

Received 96 Likes on 49 Posts

Hi there,

I cannotconfirm the part numbers...although I went through this last year. IIRC it was a Pilkington OEM part. From my experience - the issues were: get the senior [old school] installer to do the job. The first attempt [newer installer] ended up in a broken WS. Any existing sealant in the window frame needs to be completely removed to ensure a good seal AND to prevent a broken WS, Any scratches in the painted area of the window frame need to be primered prior to reinstallation. The antenna wire needs to be fed through the sealing frame [poke a hole through it with an awl at a specific location] And the antenna booster is tough to get to with adult sized hands.

A fellow remnnlister forwarded the Porsche installation document, although it's too large to attach to this message. Send me a PM with your email, and I'll forward to you.

Hope this info helps - and good luck!

Mitch
Old 07-17-2008, 03:09 PM
ilko
Agent Orange
Rennlist Member

Received 506 Likes on 187 Posts

Yep, it has the antenna. I'll have them hook it up anyway, although my car doesn't have a radio. Priming and painting, yes, forgot about that, I'm sure they will find bubbles.

Mitch, sending a PM, thanks!
Old 07-17-2008, 03:12 PM
Danz C4
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just had mine done at a glass shop a few weeks ago. The glass and seal are all that was required. Be aware that you have to take off the dash cover. There is a short cable integrated into the glass that will be plugged into the antenna module hidden inside the metal frame on the passenger's side. That means they have to remove the vents, and find the two or three screws and nuts to get the cover loose.

If anything, you might want to replace the seals around the vents. It is simple rubber foam weatherstripping.

I didn't want them hacking around in there so I did all that myself. There are instructions in the service manual you might want to take to the shop in case they haven't done a 911 before.

Danz C4

Quick Reply: Installing New Windshield, Need Part Number Confirmation...