Sponsored by:

Power Window Motor Replacement

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2008, 02:33 PM
JONES199
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Power Window Motor Replacement

Power Window Motor Replacement - looking for any tips BEFORE I mess someting up. I've been waiting for parts and time to do this; the parts arrived. New passanger side motor, switches, and door liner. I just thought I would see if there are any cautionary tales before I start.
Old 07-14-2008, 06:15 PM
raymond-turner
Instructor

The bolts holding the motor are Torx (star type bolts) otherwise, an easy(ish) job.
Old 07-15-2008, 10:30 AM
JONES199
Advanced

OK, the old motor came out fine (with one exception - see below) , banged it on the floor a couple of times and it started working again. Put it back in, mounted everything back up, window rolled up fine, but it will not roll down? I was late so I stopped, not sure what to do next. Also have the dreaded "unidentified spare part"?
Attached Images  
Old 07-17-2008, 11:20 AM
JONES199
Advanced

I hope this helps somebody. In trying to isolate my right side power window problem, I had swapped out the switches, it still didn't work so I set out to replace the motor. In the end both the right and left switches were shot; nothing wrong with the motor at all. When I was trying to diagnose the problem I was swapping them one at a time. Anyway ... all seems fine now.

Quick Reply: Power Window Motor Replacement