Sponsored by:

Monday Morning

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2008, 11:34 AM
hawk911
Race Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Monday Morning

Well, I'm dog-assed tired this morning. I helped a photographer shoot a camaro yesterday and didn't get home until 1:30 AM today!!!

I got rid of a few fault codes that hopefully will prevent more water into my footwells next deluge. I still have to finish or refit my original panels to the doors before the weekend trek to Charlotte (Parade). Robert- I still remember that you want the handles if Stacey insists on an armrest and I don't use the RS style...

Not much else going on- what about you?
Old 06-23-2008, 11:48 AM
ilko
Agent Orange
Rennlist Member

Received 506 Likes on 187 Posts

Cars are so tricky to shoot! Did you shoot it outside or in a studio? It's so difficult to get the same color everywhere and you need lights galore! Post pics

As for myself, I took my car for a drive on Saturday evening. Man, how fun that was. I was only gone for half an hour, but had a blast. Windows completely down, it was deafening. Love that car!!

Yesterday I fixed the emergency light switch in the center console, it was pushed back somehow... Also re-installed my shoulder belts, since I didn't leave enough room for "bigger" people last time I installed them.

Other than that it was a relaxing weekend, went hiking, dinner with friends, and lots of lying on the hammock with a book and a dog next to me (wife was gardening).
Old 06-23-2008, 11:48 AM
Marc Shaw
Super Duper Moderator
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Met with the electricians re: the garage and they plan to finish up today. Roofers are coming Tuesday and they figure 2 days to get the roof on. The plumber will then dig trenches for electrical/telephone/etc, natural gas, and water (8' to get below frost line!) on Thursday. In amongst this, the builder will frame the third window and get the 3 windows installed.

I got the brake fluid flushed and swapped in the Pagid blacks in preparation for my next track day and finally finished getting the ChaseCam installed.

Marc
Geoff - why not an RS panel for you and stock for her?
Old 06-23-2008, 12:16 PM
hawk911
Race Car

Ilko- no pics to post. He photographed, I held reflectors. The shoot was all outside; ambient light with some flashes used at various times. The camaro can be found here- not our pics; just some from someone else. Camaro pics

Marc- I think I'll take you up on that idea; right after I install a Recaro for me, and keep her seat stock too
Old 06-23-2008, 12:21 PM
MisterRisky
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I changed my oil and checked out my AC system which was not working as well as it did last summer. The oil change went really smooth and the AC just needed a little refrigerant boost. My AC was blowing cold on the way to work, but it was too cool out to really test it proper. It should be 85 degrees when I drive home so that will let me test the AC. The best part of it all was taking the car out sunday morning for its warm up run before changing the oil. Very fun.
Old 06-23-2008, 12:36 PM
wsybert
Pro

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

Nothing special this weekend. Planned on going to the Taj Ma Garaj in Dayton, OH, but changed my mind last minute. Ended up going to the track to scope things out (Beaverun). Local PCA club was doing a car control clinic and followed up with an AutoX. So... I rejoined... looking at a DE with them at Beaverun in August and maybe Mid-Ohio in September.
Old 06-23-2008, 12:57 PM
frankvan
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

What a weekend. Instead of working on mr. clutch release fork shaft (it's stuck and don't want to move...picture 1), I hosted our Alfa Club annual Solstice Rally (TSD, not off road racing). If anyone has planned one of these they know the level of planning that goes into one. Quite alot of driving planning and checking the route, and making sure all the instructions aren't too cryptic as to be misunderstood. And the post rally BBQ is an excellent excuse to cleanup after the dogs in the backyard
(Note, I got one of the Alfa club's mbrs 83 SC in one picture! Out of a club of +/- 14 mbrs, three also have 911's! That should say something.)

Last edited by frankvan; 10-30-2008 at 03:52 PM.
Old 06-23-2008, 01:08 PM
elbeee964
Nordschleife Master

Received 74 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by wsybert
Local PCA club was doing a car control clinic... So... I rejoined...
Ain't it the way...
Old 06-23-2008, 02:28 PM
jimq
Burgled
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

I didnt do much Pcar stuff this weekend except break out the track tires to run autocross during the DE at sebring next weekend depending on the rain.
I bought myself a new toy to help take care of my property. It does 0-60' in 12.5 seconds, has 6 speeds and tons of torque ! 37 blazing HP at the PTO
Its a 1957 Massey Ferguson TO35 tractor.
Attached Images   
Old 06-23-2008, 02:56 PM
MisterRisky
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jimq
I didnt do much Pcar stuff this weekend except break out the track tires to run autocross during the DE at sebring next weekend depending on the rain.
I bought myself a new toy to help take care of my property. It does 0-60' in 12.5 seconds, has 6 speeds and tons of torque ! 37 blazing HP at the PTO
Its a 1957 Massey Ferguson TO35 tractor.
Those really fly, but you have to stick an obstruction in the governor. They are prone to under steer with the mower on the back, however.
Old 06-23-2008, 07:34 PM
Jeremy Pinsly
Pro

2 pounds of R12 added to my A/C system.....

Have had the car for about 4 years now without having done anything to the system. Pressures were low, probably since I bought the car.

Good news, it's blowing ice cold now. Just in time for the heat and humidity of Florida's summers.

Quick Reply: Monday Morning