Sponsored by:

Pelican - Good response received

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2008, 12:28 PM
Michael Gibney
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Pelican - Good response received

I am pleased to report that Pelican promptly and efficiently responded and that they genuinely expressed upset at my disappointment regards the product and that they have agreed to a return.

I thank Pelican for a proper response to my genuine complaint.

Notwithstanding that it was disappointing to see numerous comments "advising" that my post should never have been made.

Just because 99% of Pelican customers receive excellent service does not mean that the 1% who receive a little less than excellent service cannot make others aware of the disappointment they experienced.

To those who provided me with "advice" and particularly to the Rennlist person who closed the thread I say -- censure is the sword of those who preach political correctness when in truth censure should never be more than a shield to protect the vulnerable.
Old 06-11-2008, 12:46 PM
Autobahn
Pro

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

I am a happy PP customer and I agree with others, that suggested that you should have contacted them first before posting on RL. However, I am really upset and disappointed to see that your earlier thread was closed. We really don't need nor want this kind of censorship!!!
Old 06-11-2008, 12:57 PM
ilko
Agent Orange
Rennlist Member

Received 506 Likes on 187 Posts

Michael, I'm glad your problem was resolved but I'm sorry you still don't see what other people were trying to explain to you.
Old 06-11-2008, 01:02 PM
Rennen
Burning Brakes

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

I'm glad you got it worked out.

Nobody was trying to censor you. I read it as advice to work through the problem with Pelican and give them the chance before trashing them in a public forum. That is standard decorum for the vendor/customer relationship. I think the fact that so many people came to their defense is indicative of their right to be given that chance since they have such a good track record. Maybe you'll think twice next time.
Old 06-11-2008, 01:04 PM
elbeee964
Nordschleife Master

Received 74 Likes on 51 Posts

the Dude abides.
Old 06-11-2008, 01:31 PM
DAVISRILEY
Three Wheelin'

I agree, I think Wayne and pelican should have been given the chance to respond in a more private manner first, rather than complaining on an unrelated forum, but good to hear that all is resolved. Best of luck with the car.
Old 06-11-2008, 02:06 PM
vernon
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I own five Porsches an I have bought many parts from them over a long time. They always have work with me if something was not right. They are really first class to work with an I will buy from them an stay with them because of that. Vernon.
Old 06-11-2008, 03:50 PM
Wachuko
Professor of Pending Projects
Rennlist Member

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts

And if you notice, Marc only closed the thread after Wayne responded....

Censorship would have been to cast the thread to the blackhole... What Marc did was to avoid a bitching contest when we all felt that this only needed the proper time for you to deal directly with Pelican Customer Service...
Old 06-11-2008, 04:46 PM
flatsixcrazy
Instructor

Next time try Sunset Imports in WA. You may be more happy there .
Old 06-11-2008, 05:19 PM
Marc Shaw
Super Duper Moderator
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Michael, I am glad everything work out for you.

Marc
Old 06-11-2008, 07:39 PM
Kahdmus
Addict
Rennlist Member

Hmmm..I recently had some very bad customer service issues with pelican parts. However once escalated they were very swift to go the extra mile to fix things.

I think the folks in customer service are consistently some of the worst I've dealt with but those in charge do in fact care a great deal...

BTW, I think its 'almost' always acceptable to have free speech and air grievances in public. I am a big boy (obviously more so than many here I think, lol) and can make my own decisions based on what I read or hear. I appreciate that business, especially small business, sinks or swims based on word of mouth and customer experience...this is the way it should be.
Old 06-13-2008, 06:21 AM
psychoideas
Drifting

I've been working away all week so all I can conclude from this is that the censorship has stopped me from making an informed decision.

I contrast, not long ago there was a new post from someone claiming that ‘Victory Motors’ was a fine and upstanding organisation. Needles to say, he was shot down in flames but the post was never censored………….interesting.

Quick Reply: Pelican - Good response received