shifting issues!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2008, 12:18 AM
ginch
Rennlist Member

Received 115 Likes on 77 Posts
Default shifting issues!!!

hey everyone,
I know this has been covered a million times but I'll start again. My 93 C2 with 44,000 miles has shifting issues. It rolls through all gears great and there is no slippage. My issues are when the car warms up after driving for a while. Its tough to get into 1st gear and is also difficult to get out of gear sometimes when rolling to a stop. It just seems as though I need to apply too much pressure compared to other cars I've driven. I don't know if the clutch has ever been replaced but I'm hoping thats not the problem. If it is however, does anyone have any idea as to the cost of a typical clutch replacement?

Any input would be great!!!

thanks in advance!
Derek
Old 05-28-2008, 04:56 AM
fedefiore
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Actually you should be able to get out of gears without using the clutch at all,that's what I've always done with a manual my entire life.

You should even be able to shift gears without using the clutch if you manage to shift at the right rpms.
(don't try to learn this on a porsche !!!)

I don't think it's the clutch.

BUT..my only porsche up to now has been a tip...so on Porsches it might be different than on other more conventional cars.
Old 05-28-2008, 05:37 AM
boxsey911
Nordschleife Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I had the same problem when the car got very hot. It was solved by bleeding the clutch slave.
Old 05-28-2008, 07:45 AM
swftiii
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

Similar problem with my 964 and when replacing the clutch with the RS and lightweight flywheel we saw that the clutch was on its last leg. Good luck with the fix.

Skip

Quick Reply: shifting issues!!!