Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Winter Project

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2008, 10:05 PM
wsybert
Pro

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

Looks awesome. I still wish I would have done my valve covers in red... the black is just too bland now, maybe next time its out (or next car). Plus, it sounds like you went the same route I did on the resealing of things. Has been fun and can't wait to get it back in the car.
My thoughts and prayers to your wife for a cancer free future. My mother had hotchkins, and has been Cancer free for over 25 years! I was very young, but I saw what it did to her and my father. Tough times, but they perservered. God bless.
Bill
Old 03-18-2008, 10:10 PM
wsybert
Pro

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

Forgot to add.... powder coating is addicting, isn't it! No limit to what I will powder coat now.
Also, what did you use / do to get your engine so clean. I scrubbed mine with diesel fuel and carb cleaner, but only with a brush. I am thinking about power washing it, but am a little afraid of getting water in the crankcase.
Old 03-19-2008, 01:37 PM
Fred's 964
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Bill, I used brake cleaner, greased lightning cleaner, and lots of elbow grease . I didn't pressure wash it to avoud water in the crankcase, even though I sealed it up pretty well. I went through a few parts brushes and scuff pads. Take your time, it's worth it. I kept the carb cleaner away from the center crankcase joint to maintain the seal. I used Lycoming aircraft engine paint on my cylinders.
Old 03-19-2008, 07:36 PM
Arne91C4
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Fred my wife is out 10 years, it is tough but it gets better. I bought her a red 91 cab for her 10th anniversary. Best of luck to you and your wife.

Arne

Quick Reply: Winter Project