Sponsored by:

Positive Mental Attitude!

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2007, 05:34 PM
jamesallum
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Positive Mental Attitude!

Hoping that my car is repairable having spoken to Ray Northway today he reckons that if the doors and bonnet open without a problem and the oil coolers are intact I should stand a good chance of getting it repaired.

So this leads on to another question. Bearing in mind I would have to act quite quick with instructions to the body shop what enhancements might I be able to get done when having the front end rebuilt?

I would want the clear indicators again, cooling brake ducts with fog light integrated - can these be bought for the 964 like I have seen them on the 993? Anything else that is worth considering? HID headlights maybe?

Could still be very wrong and find that she is not to be repaired but trying to look on the upsides!

Cheers
James
Old 12-17-2007, 05:42 PM
hawk911
Race Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'd definitely do HIDs, ducts (yes they are available but a bit pricey depending on whos kit you buy) and then maybe splitters for the front. not much you can really do up front; now if it was a minor rear impact there's a whole lot to do back there
Old 12-17-2007, 06:23 PM
jamesallum
Instructor

Any idea where I might be able to get the ducts with spot lights (pref in Europe)? And some pics of a front splitter?

Thanks
Old 12-17-2007, 06:59 PM
boxsey911
Nordschleife Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by jamesallum
Any idea where I might be able to get the ducts with spot lights (pref in Europe)? And some pics of a front splitter?

Thanks
You can get them direct from Techart in Germany:

http://www.techart.de/Techart_Katalo...e_cooling2.htm
Old 12-17-2007, 07:01 PM
Gary C2 UK
Instructor

Porsche do the Fog/duct combo. They were part of the PorscheTechnique line. Should still be available. Try Kelvin at AFN Reading

Quick Reply: Positive Mental Attitude!