Sponsored by:

Please help on Oil leak!

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2007, 06:00 PM
kosh
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Please help on Oil leak!

Hi I have a UK c4 964 and I have just spent £1500 on oil leaks ONLY to get it home and find a new one!
This one however is coming from behind the plate under the rear driver arch, where the Oil float is.
I found this out only after jacking up the car, removing the rear wheel and cleaning down the entire arch to find the leak whilst running.
NO leak was visible whilst it was jacked up - It only showed itself AFTER i put the wheel back on and lowered the car back to ground, then it ran out.

Can I fix this myself and is it easy? I have removed the two bolts to remove te cover and the leak appears to be coming from around the sensor plate. Is this under pressure and can I just make a gasket for it?

Thanks for your help in advance.
Old 12-17-2007, 08:26 AM
newsboy
Rennlist Member

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

The oil tank is under a very low pressure. Just replace the gasket that seal the unit to the oil tank.
OEM
993-207-226-00-M136
Old 12-17-2007, 07:54 PM
kosh
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks, Ive ordered the whole thing as I've been advised that the sensor has probably corroded and broke down making it porous.

Will I have to drain the oil (if so how) or can i just jack it up to make it unlevel again and undo the bolts and replace the unit.

Thanks

Quick Reply: Please help on Oil leak!