Sponsored by:

Rear caliper upgrade

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2007, 04:36 PM
Gelignite
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Rear caliper upgrade

I am considering a rear caliper upgrade for my 90 C2 before I do a fist DE. First question: should I just do the DE and see how it goes
Second question: Does anyone know if 944S2 4pot calipers fit? They look fairly similar and seem to be more common on the used market.
I've done the searches and loads of great info, although neither question explicitly covered but the consus seems to be upgrade rears on a C2 before going near a track.
It will be in the cold UK though so maybe that makes a difference in what to do, as overheating may not be such a big deal as southern USA.
Old 11-23-2007, 04:38 PM
Marc Shaw
Super Duper Moderator
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

I have some used C4 rear 4-pots for sale cheap (cosmetically not the best) but shipping might be expensive to the UK.

Marc
Old 11-23-2007, 04:50 PM
boxsey911
Nordschleife Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Have a read of this thread:

https://rennlist.com/forums/964-forum/362597-help-with-brake-upgrade-ideas.html

As a result of it, I've just bought some 928 S4 rear calipers to put on mine (£180 off ebay). All that needs doing is to swap the bleeds and feeds around. And to fit a 55 bar proportioning valve. The same applies to 944 turbo calipers - there was a set on ebay that finished today and didn't sell (no one bid more than the start price of £160). These might come up again, I guess. I'm not sure if the 944 S2 ones are another option?

I've used my 2 pots for 6 trackdays this year. They work OK as long as fluid is fresh and the pads are not too worn. The one time they weren't I got some nasty brake fade . That's why I decided that upgrading the rear calipers was a must job for the winter. They look cooler too!

Quick Reply: Rear caliper upgrade