Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

US Cup in classifieds

Old 11-24-2007, 11:09 AM
joey bagadonuts
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by forklift View Post
Actually, I think H (old D) looks very even now. Mark and I run similar times at our home track (Summit Point) and I am pretty sure run about the same in a straight line. I am hoping the new rules will encourage 993s sitting on the sidelines to jump in now that the rules are more even.

All I need is a cage, hans, suit and cutoff switch and I'll be ready (meaning sometime between 2009-2040 $$$). Car is ready otherwise...I have a bar, but it isn't legal. Plan on getting a Hans or similar for 2008 DEs.
Jim buddy, let's get that cage and log book going! Come on out and play!

Yeah, I like the way the new G class looks and hopefully we'll get more 993's in the mix, as you suggested. Locally, we've got a growing group of prepared C2's and 993's mixing it up (although the 993's have gotten the best of us lately ), which will make for a fun 2008 season.

On Topic: I checked the rule book and US Cups meeting race series specifications can run GTC1.
Old 11-24-2007, 11:45 AM
Chulo
User

Originally Posted by joey bagadonuts View Post

Hard to say about pricing since so few change hands. I think someone was asking $55K for one earlier this year (in the Chicago area) and it sold in about 20 minutes. It definitely seems to be priced similar to a GTC1 car, as Bob W pointed out, which seems reasonable since they are very similar cars (aside from the street legal stuff).
Joe - if memory serves me correctly, the asking price was $45k. The guy was in the NW 'burbs, too. How's that for a kick in the teeth for both of us? You snooze you loose. I hope its being enjoyed properly, as that is all that matters.

$85k for a US Cup seems nuts, imo. Just sayin'.
Old 11-24-2007, 02:57 PM
pu911rsr
Addict
Rennlist Member

The Andial prepped US cup cars are classified in GTC1.
Phil
Old 11-24-2007, 07:32 PM
Geoffrey
Super User

Wasn't there supposed to be a gathering at WGI at one point along with US Cups?
I was going to write an article on the Cup cars and together with Colin were going to do a Cup gathering. However, one of the Region's hosting the event in question was not receptive to the the article and was not helpful or supportive, so I cancelled the article.
Old 11-24-2007, 08:04 PM
38D
Super User

Originally Posted by Chulo View Post
$85k for a US Cup seems nuts, imo. Just sayin'.
Rarity cost money. Its just like the difference between a real 73 RS and a clone. The cups that have sold in the last year have all gone for at least high 70s.
Old 11-24-2007, 08:15 PM
Chulo
User

Originally Posted by 38D View Post
Rarity cost money. Its just like the difference between a real 73 RS and a clone. The cups that have sold in the last year have all gone for at least high 70s.
No argument there, Colin. Are you talking Euro or US? Isn't it fair to say that Euro Cups would carry more of a premium, or am I starting another motor oil debate?
Old 11-25-2007, 02:01 AM
pu911rsr
Addict
Rennlist Member

I think most of the GT1C cars are Euro cup cars, I don't know if there are any differences between the Euro Cup and a Andial Prepped US cup. I have raced against the Euro cars but I am not an experienced enough driver to tell if there is any real difference. I would guess the most valuable US cup cars are the street versions. I would also guess that any good solid, straight competive GTC1 car is worth about the same.
Phil
Old 11-25-2007, 04:09 AM
Cupcar#12
Addict
Rennlist Member

The Prices have been accelerating on the US Cups - people are rediscovering them for there collector value (as the only road legal RS is the us, only 45 made, etc)

i think they will continue to go up as people get back into the collector car market and out of real estate

i know 4 people who are looking for them personally.

(it does not seem to be listed anymore, sold?)
Old 11-25-2007, 10:12 AM
38D
Super User

Originally Posted by Chulo View Post
No argument there, Colin. Are you talking Euro or US? Isn't it fair to say that Euro Cups would carry more of a premium, or am I starting another motor oil debate?
From what I have seen, the prices for similar quality cars tends to be about the same. In general, USA cups tend to be in better shape since none were raced in a series, and they can be street driven. Euros have the history behind them which does add something. So net-net, I think they tend to be very close in value. The euro cars that have real history (like the real Tag car) are probably worth the most.

Originally Posted by pu911rsr View Post
I think most of the GT1C cars are Euro cup cars, I don't know if there are any differences between the Euro Cup and a Andial Prepped US cup. I have raced against the Euro cars but I am not an experienced enough driver to tell if there is any real difference.
They are the same, aside from a few very minor differences (e.g. sway bar drop links). The times between the two should be basically even.
Old 11-25-2007, 04:28 PM
GG Allin
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by dave morris View Post
If anyone is looking for a US Cup, there's one for sale in the classifieds. No knowledge of this particular car myself, but they don't come up for sale often.
Link to the ad?? I can't seem to find it.

Search this Thread

Contact Us About Us Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: