Women of Rennlist Calender

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2007, 10:51 PM
Jenn
Admin
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Women of Rennlist Calender

I'm posting this on behalf of the WOR .......

This year the women of Rennlist, known as the WOR's on Off Topic, have decided to put together a 2008 Calendar with all the Proceeds (after production and mailing costs) to go to Project Rennwish. The Calendar will feature 12 WOR's with their Porsche's. The pictures will reflect each WOR's distinct personality.

Right now we need your help in trying to figure out how many Rennlister's would be interested in purchasing a WOR calendar. The cost will be approximately $20.00? We need to come up with a round about number before we can go into production so we don't run short, or even worse, order too many calendars.

So, how about it? Would you buy one? Or two? Or three???

COME on it's for a GREAT CAUSE!!! Whatcha say?

If you could post back to this thread or email me privately at jmunson@rennlist.com if you would be interested that would be greatly appreciated!

-Jenn
Old 10-11-2007, 02:02 AM
AB-Oz
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'd be interested in a poster, any idea on cost of postage downunder? Post code 2608
Old 10-12-2007, 10:47 AM
Polman
Pro

does it contiain a mix off narrow bodies and some fat ones as well?
Old 10-13-2007, 01:56 AM
Boston Blazer
HaHa
Rennlist Member

Bump

&

I'd purchase one.
Old 10-13-2007, 03:05 PM
aeroman
Man of Way Too Many Avatars
Rennlist Member

I'd buy one.
Old 10-13-2007, 05:16 PM
DrJupeman
Rennlist Member

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

There is at least one 964 in the calendar, too...
Old 10-13-2007, 10:07 PM
Boston Blazer
HaHa
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by DrJupeman
There is at least one 964 in the calendar, too...
Only one? For shame...
Old 10-14-2007, 09:43 AM
psiegel
Racer

Received 15 Likes on 3 Posts

Sure, count me in
Old 10-16-2007, 11:13 AM
Leslie 928 S2
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Good morning everyone! I'm asking everyone to send me a PM with your name, mailing address, number of desired calendars, and preferred method of payment. The process is moving forward!

Thanks, guys!
Old 10-16-2007, 09:27 PM
Angela R
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Here's a teaser pic...................sorry I'm not the one with a 964!
Old 10-17-2007, 04:33 PM
Leslie 928 S2
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

It's that time! Yup, here's the moment you have been waiting for. I have finally determined all of the details for the calendar purchase, but please don't just jump to the bottom and start making payments, please read this whole post!

FIRST, I HAVE AN INCREDIBLE ANNOUNCEMENT.
We have been honored by one of our own, an amazing Anonymous Angel, who has graciously asked for "permission" to pay for the entire cost of production, including shipping to me from Shutterfly, of up to 350 calendars, or 50 over our order, whichever is less!!

This Angel says he doesn't want his money back, he just wants to ensure that plenty of calendars are sold, and that no one (that would probably be me) gets stuck out of pocket with a bunch of calendars that didn't sell.

(OCBen, you are now officially forbidden by the Angel to pester me anymore about getting better printing deals or anything else.

)

So....what does this mean to us? The result is that 90% or more of your purchase price will be going to Rennwish, and not to various expenses! It also means that we can offer the calendars at a flat $20 each, without requring extras for postage and Paypal fees, because we are going to make plenty of money for Rennwish. We won't clear just a measly $5-6 per calendar as originally planned, but instead, approximately $17 of each Paypal sale will go to Rennwish, and of each check or money order sale, approximately $18 will go to Rennwish. This is not saying that you can't add on to your Paypal or check if you wish to. If you wish to ensure that all $20 goes to Rennwish, you can add an extra $2 (or $3 if paying by Paypal), and that will net $20 for Rennwish. (Those of you who are out of country should make a personal decision whether you wish to add extra for the extra cost of postage -- that figure would be pure speculation on my part at this point.)

Before you ask...why will only $17 or $18 go to Rennwish if you pay $20? Shutterfly informs me that flat US postage for each calendar will run $2.16. If you use Paypal, that will cost an extra $1.00. So, if you wish to tack on extra, that will be appreciated, but with the Angel's assistance, we are going to make so much for Rennwish now, I feel we can do a flat $20, and still make a very nice donation.

So, now comes the important part:

If you said you preferred to pay with Paypal, the payment address is: WORCalendar@yahoo.com. That is open for business as of right now.

If you indicated to me that you would be paying by check or money order, I will PM each of you before the end of this week with the payee and mailing address information (sorry, but I don't want it all over the web).

If you previously told me you wanted to pay by Paypal, and now wish to change to check/money order, please send me another PM and I will give you that information as well.

However, please note....I'm setting up a second checking account with my bank to handle this money, so as not to get it mixed in with my own budget, so if you are sending me a check, it will be a couple of weeks before those checks clear back to your account because my second account is still in process of being opened.

ONE FINAL THING -- VERY IMPORTANT!!
I am basing the number of calendars I order on the PM'S I RECEIVE, so PLEASE DO NOT SEND A PAYMENT WITHOUT A PM.
Otherwise you might not get a calendar!

Thank you all for your support, encouragement, and donations to Rennwish. You're all champions to the WOR!

Old 10-18-2007, 05:17 PM
Leslie 928 S2
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

UPDATE: 215 calendars ordered by 156 people so far! Nice!!! Keep 'em coming, guys!!
Old 11-01-2007, 01:52 PM
Leslie 928 S2
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

A little birdy told me this weekend that some people have sent me PMs requesting calendars and I have not gotten back to them. If you are one of those people who has not received a response from me, I offer my profuse apologies. I thought I was being very careful to go through my inbox methodically and not miss anything, so I cannot say whether I am having technical issues, or simply having senior moments, but I beg your forgiveness and ask you to please contact me again.

I have well over 400 PMs from 220+ people in my inbox these days...so please don't take this the wrong way, but it will take way more hours than I have to go back through every PM and figure out who I'm missing.

Thanks for your patience and understanding!

WE HAVE OVER 320 CALENDARS SOLD!!! WOOO HOOOOO!!!
Old 11-15-2007, 03:47 PM
Leslie 928 S2
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

So here's an update on where we are. The deadline for getting your reservations in to me is November 20 (next Tuesday), but that's really just a date I pulled out of my head many weeks ago. It isn't written in stone. In reality, I can accommodate last minute Paypal orders up until Sunday, 11/25. If you contact me on or after 11/21 for a Calendar, plan to pay by Paypal, as there won't be sufficient time to mail me a check, what with the holiday weekend. If you are sending me a check and have not done so yet, I HIGHLY recommend you get the check into the mail by TOMORROW, as there are not many banking days next week.

My plan is to place the printing order on Monday or Tuesday after Thanksgiving (11/26 or 27). I should have them back by early December (Shutterfly says approximately 1 week delivery), and as soon as they arrive I'll start mailing them out, starting with out-of-country packages first, to give them the maximum time to reach their destinations.

So that's it! Now, what to do about the few that contacted me early for a calendar and then never got back to me with mailing information, etc.? Shall I post all their screen names for public humiliation and ridicule?
Old 11-25-2007, 02:14 PM
Leslie 928 S2
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

So, today's pretty much the last day for getting calendar orders in. We have a total of 435 reserved as of now, with about 40 payments still waiting to be receivecd. I think we will order only 450, unless a lot more payments show up today or tomorrow. So, guys, if you've been waiting to the last minute to pay up, it's the last minute now! It's your final chance!

Quick Reply: Women of Rennlist Calender