Sponsored by:

ecu mod?

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2007, 04:46 PM
964russ
Three Wheelin'

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default ecu mod?

thinkin ov a ecu upgrade, is it worth it, any one had any problems. was lookin at a "ninemeister" chip, anyone had there car chipped by them?
Old 04-25-2007, 03:44 AM
Christer
Race Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

9M is very well known on these boards, and I would suggest that you call them to see what they recommend doing for you based on what you want to spend. 01925 242342.

I *think* that 9M will usually remap your own ECU rather than just supply a chip if I remember correctly, but its probably better to speak to them directly. 9M are arguably the place to go if you want to upgrade your car.

My story is that I had a lot of work done at 9M and enjoyed the car immensely for 2 years before I apparently hit a bad batch of fuel and my engine basically blew up (or maybe imploded is a better word). But then I don't use a standard ECU or have much in common with the standard setup from that point of view.

I hope this helps!

p.s. I have no affiliation with 9M, but I have had more experience with them than most. Let me know if you have any questions. Before you upgrade your car, ask yourself lots of questions as to why, what are you trying to achieve and what can you afford to go wrong potentially. Let me know if you have any questions.
Old 04-25-2007, 09:52 AM
Red rooster
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re-Map

Its always a good idea to check on motor strength before starting on DME re calibration.
I am sure that Colin would advise the same start point before going further.

With a good strong motor there is lots of potential hanging around for the 964 DME re cal.

Good luck,

Geoff

Quick Reply: ecu mod?