Notices
964 Forum 1989-1994
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Just picked up a RUF primary bypass pipe!

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2007, 12:59 AM
74carreraturbo
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just picked up a RUF primary bypass pipe!

This damn car is gonna put me out on the street at the pace i'm going!

Found it new on ebay shipped for $285, I was going to get the Dansk but this way at least I can say there's a RUF part on my car now I already have the fabspeed airbox mod, what should i expect soundwise? the main reason i got the pipe is because with the radio on and the windows up i could barely hear the engine and with the LWF/clutch combo I tend to suck at matching revs very well.. Does anyone have a clip of primary AND secondary bypassed? I know it will be loud but this car will be seeing about 2-3K miles a year and alot of autocross duty

thanks!

Rob
Old 04-05-2007, 03:20 AM
etom
Three Wheelin'

Received 105 Likes on 62 Posts

I had both the primary and secondary bypassed--for about 10 seconds. It was SO loud as to be obnoxious, IMO. And it was not a cool kind of loud. Just LOUD. Did I say it was LOUD? Now I just have the primary bypass, and it is quite a smooth, strong sound, but not loud.

I am trying to get anyone's opinion on what a primary bypass plus a catbypass sounds like, but as yet no one has said they have this combo. It seems the secondary bypass and catbypass is the most popular combo.
Old 04-05-2007, 05:25 AM
Superunknown
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have the cat bypass and the primary bypass (cup pipe). I presume the secondary bypass is the g pipe? Any way the setup i have is quite loud, 92db at idle and 108db at 4500. IMO it is just right, not max power loud. I have the drilled holes in the airbox cover too!

Last edited by Superunknown; 04-05-2007 at 09:50 AM.
Old 04-05-2007, 09:49 AM
cobracarrera
Pro

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by 74carreraturbo
This damn car is gonna put me out on the street at the pace i'm going!

Found it new on ebay shipped for $285, I was going to get the Dansk but this way at least I can say there's a RUF part on my car now I already have the fabspeed airbox mod, what should i expect soundwise? the main reason i got the pipe is because with the radio on and the windows up i could barely hear the engine and with the LWF/clutch combo I tend to suck at matching revs very well.. Does anyone have a clip of primary AND secondary bypassed? I know it will be loud but this car will be seeing about 2-3K miles a year and alot of autocross duty

thanks!

Rob
http://www.fabspeed.com/964C2_C4_RS.html

Here is the Fabspeed primary and secondary set up on a 964. Thiss should give you a sample of the sound. I personally dont think that it would be to loud considering I drive a 2004 Cobra also with Flowmaster 2 chamber exhaust and Basanni high flow x pipe with cats in 2 1/2 inch all the way out to the back

Quick Reply: Just picked up a RUF primary bypass pipe!