Sponsored by:

Car Cover

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2007, 02:36 AM
northfire
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Car Cover

A bit of a goofy question. Can a car cover go onto a car which has been driven for a couple days in dry weather after a good wash and wax? Or am I risking scratching the paint?

My main concern is my 2 year old. The car is in a car port but he can still get at it when playing outside so i am trying to avoid big deep scratches if I can.
Old 03-30-2007, 05:13 AM
Hambisa
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Before you put the cover on, dust your car off with a California Duster. It'll pick up loose particles without marring the finish. California Dusters are available in auto supply stores, Wal-Mart, etc.
Old 03-30-2007, 09:44 AM
Smokin
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I go through the same thing... I have two covers... One for when it needs to spend the nigt outside in inclement weather and another for when it's been spit-polished and I want to keep the dust off. (Gert at Carnewal makes a GREAT one for this.) I don't have a problem putting the cover on mine if I've driven it a few days but I will (as was mentioned) run my CA duster over it to knock off the big stuff. I'll also look for bird crap and bug splats. (Usually when I put the cover on it's goinf to stay on for a while.) I don't want this stuff eating into the paint so I have some stuff to spray on and wipe that off. Just make sure that the cover you have has a very soft backing and you'll be okay!
Old 03-30-2007, 01:24 PM
northfire
Advanced

Originally Posted by Smokin
Just make sure that the cover you have has a very soft backing and you'll be okay!
its an OEM Porsche one, hope that is soft enough???
Old 03-31-2007, 05:39 PM
kusee pee
Burning Brakes

My car is parked on the street and I've always been wary about using the cover because I think it might attract unwanted attention (something worth hiding...). Am I being silly? Does the cover give much protection in bad weather?
Old 03-31-2007, 06:21 PM
Euromagination
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by kusee pee
My car is parked on the street and I've always been wary about using the cover because I think it might attract unwanted attention (something worth hiding...). Am I being silly? Does the cover give much protection in bad weather?
i would personally say that's silly only because either way, the would-be perpetrator would see a shiny red porsche.

if anything, i'd think the cover would make the act of trying to break into it more conspicuous IMO. most thieves want something easier...

concerning the bad weather thing, i have a covercraft all-weather/uv blocking cover that works really well when it's sometimes parked outside.

Old 04-01-2007, 07:24 AM
kusee pee
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Euromagination
i would personally say that's silly only because either way, the would-be perpetrator would see a shiny red porsche.

if anything, i'd think the cover would make the act of trying to break into it more conspicuous IMO. most thieves want something easier...

concerning the bad weather thing, i have a covercraft all-weather/uv blocking cover that works really well when it's sometimes parked outside.

I know, I feel a bit silly having a cover and not using it. If I'm honest it's largely my laziness that prevents me from covering-up

Quick Reply: Car Cover