Notices
964 Forum 1989-1994
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

do warning lights "reset" with resetting of dme???

Old 03-29-2007, 06:26 PM
drisin80
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default do warning lights "reset" with resetting of dme???

just finishing projects on the car--- a lot were coming from a bad alarm module. car starts and runs fine, but since battery has been disconnected all sorts of warning lights are coming on. do these go off when the car has been run a while and the computer has a chance to reset itself?? i was most concerned about the battery light. checked it with a meter, and read almost 12 volts unstarted around 13.5 while idling. tried turning everything on in the car and the lowest reading while running was 12.8 with the air conditiong on at full blast, and the lights on. can i assume that the alternator is functioning OK?? will the lights reset. got a little cosmetic interior reassembly to do and will test drive on saturday.----tom
Old 12-06-2007, 02:24 AM
Anthony Hutt
Intermediate

Default buzzer & dashboard lights

Did u manage to solve the problem? My C4 buzzer and dashboard lights come on & off and so far unable to solve the problem. I replaced abs control unit, overhauled alternator and checked instrument electrics so far. My speedo and trip meter also occasionally stop working. When lights & buuzzer go haywire I normally stop the engine briefly and upon restarting things are back to normal for a while.
Old 12-06-2007, 02:33 AM
Anthony Hutt
Intermediate

By the way you can't reset DME.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: do warning lights "reset" with resetting of dme???