Notices
964 Forum 1989-1994
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Winter Project Complete! (well, almost...)

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2007, 11:29 PM
ilko
Agent Orange
Rennlist Member

Received 506 Likes on 187 Posts
Default Winter Project Complete! (well, almost...)

So it's been a long and cold winter and instead of skiing I was able to do a lot of work on the car. Let's see, here's what I accomplished in the last two months in no particular order: drilled airbox, installed sport seats, G-pipe instead of the secondary muffler, clear corners, RSA replica tail, aero mirrors, Koni adjustable shocks/struts + Eibach Pro Kit springs, new brake rotors, pads, and bled the system. Oh yeah, and fixed the back up lights.

Remaining: install 225/45/17 tires in the front (replacing the 205/50/17), alignment and corner balancing, and relocating the amp that the PO put in the trunk.

I took the car for a drive today and stopped by Geoffrey's. Then took the long way home on some back roads. Can't wait till the weather gets better so I can really push the car in the twisties

Here's some pics as well:

Old 03-05-2007, 08:44 AM
CWay27
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey for a minute I thought this was my thread...... Good job, you kept busy alright!! Just need to get rid of this damn snow.....
Old 03-05-2007, 10:51 AM
CraigC
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Ilko,
Your car is looking great, you will love your new suspension after you get it aligned. Are you going to do RS spec? That is what I have and it really brought the car to life, it now corners better than my STI. My next project will be mirrors and steering wheel.
Old 03-05-2007, 01:59 PM
deep_uv
RIP

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Ilko, Looks great. What did you do to fix your backup lights? Mine are not working and I'm getting no current at the light sockets so I assume it's the switch at the transmission. I'll troubleshoot next time I have the car up.

Steve
Old 03-05-2007, 02:19 PM
ilko
Agent Orange
Rennlist Member

Received 506 Likes on 187 Posts

Thanks for the praises

"Are you going to do RS spec?"
Definitely. I took the pics right after I took the car off the jack stands, so the springs hadn't settled yet. After driving it yesterday the ride height was much lower and there was only about an inch or so gap between the top of the tire and the wheel well. I'm not a big fan of lowering a car for lowering sake, it can adversely affect handling, and the Euro RS height is exactly where I want the car to be

"My next project will be mirrors and steering wheel."
The mirrors were relatively easy to install, no problems here. I'm curious to see what options we have for steering wheels. I'm looking for a 3-spoke OEM-look one with Airbag. Haven't really done much research, so I don't know exactly what's out there and the way they are fitted...

"What did you do to fix your backup lights?"
The wires leading to the backup light switch can get disconnected. Look for that first. If they look fine, then it's most likely the switch itself. Test if the backup lights work by connecting the two wires leading to the switch together. You don't have to have the car running, but the ignition should be in position 1 and you should be in reverse. If the backup lights work when the wires are connected, then it's definitely a faulty switch. You can get a new switch for $75 IIRC. Make sure you change the washer when replacing the switch. Your new switch should come with a washer.

Quick Reply: Winter Project Complete! (well, almost...)