Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

another spinning door lock thread---deep thought for the day

Old 02-11-2007, 04:53 PM
drisin80
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default another spinning door lock thread---deep thought for the day

just got in from the garage (glad i put the reznor in this fall). i had the common spinning lock cylinder problem--actually had the driver's side come out in my hand. anyway removed the door panel==pretty easy due to threads posted here. removed the door handle --pretty tough derlin nut to get to- that one towards the back. after a little screwing around i figuted out how everything was oriented, and the good news is that actuators, and everything works. the bad news is that i could not find a part that came off of the lock cylinder anywhere in the door. the other door was merely spinning--not coming apart so i took that one apart, and found that there are actually three parts between the screw on the lock cylinder and the cylinder itself-- a spring, a part that engages the spring, and finally the part that engages the locking mechanism itself. after about 15 minutes of trial and error i got it put together right. (was somewhat surprised to find that the key will only unlock the doors when the power is off). anyway--the problem is this--i need to find t he middle part--the part between the spring and the other part --if you follow me. if anyone has an idea how to come up with this part without buying a complete assembly, i would appreciate it. this is for the drivers side. maybe a part number???? oh--the deep thought (kinda). the thought came to me that the reason i keep the 964 and not get a newer model, is much the same reason i stay married to the same woman. it's not that the newer ones aren't nice-- it's just that i have too much time invested in figureing these ones out. don't know if i have the patience to do it again. any similar thinking out there???--------tom

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: another spinning door lock thread---deep thought for the day