Notices
964 Forum 1989-1994
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dansk Primary/Secondary bypass group buy interest ?

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2006, 01:51 PM
mpeters951
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

EBS for the Dansk Euro Pre-Muffler: "I can do the cat with no cells for 425.00 each".

So, there you have it:

Dansk SS Primary BP @ $192.00
Dansk SS Secondary BP @ $170.00
OE Ancillaries (gaskets/clamps) fairly priced.

Troy Chapman is the chap @ EBS: Troy@ebsracing.com

He's been very professional and timely on this exchange; so those who said they were in - have at it.
Old 08-01-2006, 02:03 PM
TR6
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mpeters951
EBS for the Dansk Euro Pre-Muffler: "I can do the cat with no cells for 425.00 each".
$425 may be a fair price, but just to clarify, this is not a "group buy" price. That is the same price that Troy quoted me individually. He referred to it as a "sport cat w/o insert". I do agree that Troy is very professional and responsive on inquiries.
Old 08-02-2006, 09:01 AM
mpeters951
Racer

Default Dansk "group buy"

TR6; absolutely valid point. Yes, I've taken license with the definition of group buy. I sought to get best possible price on these parts and I think I've done so. My interest was to make others aware that there's a financially compelling and technologically legitimate alternative to FabSpeed and their pricing. I'll be first to admit that FabSpeed parts look fantastic. I would, however be inclined to use them on less "commodity" oriented parts. The bypass parts, either Dansk or FabSpeed, are not exactly what I would call "highly engineered" parts, like a header system would be. Header system would be a purchase where I would be much less price sensitive and much more willing to turn to FabSpeed for "engineered content" and pay a premium for such. Many have commented on the high caiber of fit/finish/utility of Dansk. Assuming that's true, I'm after real value, price obviously being a component of value.

Finally, Troy (@ EBS) has granted very good price points on the parts that I've inquired on. It matters not to him if this is called group buy, or aggregated demand or whatever. He's given best/final pricing as I've noted previously.
Old 08-02-2006, 02:51 PM
TR6
Drifting

What I really like about Troy is that you can email him a list of parts (any Porsche parts) and he will respond back with his best price and availability on them. On almost everything he has responded with, he's been very competitively priced compared to other sources I've checked.

No financial interest or affiliation whatsoever, just my observations so far.
Old 09-19-2006, 12:51 AM
Oracle
Pro

One word: WOW!!

I replaced the primary muffler with the Dansk I got from Troy (great communication and service - Kudos to EbsRacing) and I'm really-really happy, the sound is better than expected and in the car windows rolled up I can't tell the difference which is great cause I kind of dislike cars too loud inside where you can't even talk or hear the engine...
But outside... wow!! that is one nice throaty rumble...

In fact you can hear it here (the video is kind of before/after):
http://video.google.ca/videoplay?doc...04776407299346

The engine was stone cold on both recordings so I didn't go over 3k RPM but you'll get the idea....

If you had any 2nd thoughts... stop and just get this thing, easy as hell and perfect fitment.. besides the butt dyno felt like 500HP more ;-) (I always wanted to write butt dyno.. ji,ji...)
Old 09-20-2006, 04:54 PM
JoeNo
Instructor

I just heard your sound bite, very nice. I spoke to Troy yesterday and just picked up a primary bp. Thanks very much for the heads up. You guys are correct, he's very professional and he know's his stuff.
Old 09-21-2006, 02:39 PM
FotoVeloce
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by K964
Fabspeed quality is second to none. You get what you pay for and I have no problem with their prices---I think it's called free enterprise.
You are kidding, right? I just sent back a Fabspeed part that was horribly mis-manufactured. I am not the only one. Sorry.. no more Fab speed for me. Fool me once, shame on FS, fool me twice.. send me in for a pshych eval.

The research I've done into these parts leads to Dansk as solid solution.
Old 09-22-2006, 12:23 AM
Oracle
Pro

Originally Posted by FotoVeloce
The research I've done into these parts leads to Dansk as solid solution.
Dansk sent me the primary muffler that almost deserved pictures..
The fitment was just perfect. I didn't expect it to be so good and easy to install.
Old 10-18-2006, 12:40 PM
jon@ebsracing.com
Addict
Rennlist Site Sponsor
Rennlist Member

Received 16 Likes on 8 Posts
Default primary bypass

Hi Guys:
Thanks for all the sales but we can no longer offer the primary bypass at that price effective 10-18-06 its going to jump about 20.00 due to my increase in cost

thanks again
troy
Old 10-18-2006, 10:36 PM
deep_uv
RIP

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by jon@ebsracing.com
Hi Guys:
Thanks for all the sales but we can no longer offer the primary bypass at that price effective 10-18-06 its going to jump about 20.00 due to my increase in cost

thanks again
troy

Glad I got mine already!

Steve
Old 10-19-2006, 08:33 AM
mpeters951
Racer

I was able to get the full Dansk treatment bolted up a couple weeks ago. That is; primary, secondary and tip. Zero fitment issues, I'll again comment on EBS/Troy: excellent service, excellent value, excellent parts. The tip is REALLY impressive.

The resulting sound; holy ****! Very, very "angry". Went and did a DE event with the local Lotus Club, 'twas a proud moment - passed every one in my intermediate group without ever being passed myself. The look of one 996 owner when being stalked and passed was priceless, especially in view of the howling 964 motor. He just didn't understand what happened, I'm sure he's poring over the performance enhancement catalogs as I write this.

Anyway, the config of Ruf suspension, Advans and tweaked intake/ECU/exhaust had me grinning ear to ear. I've done a zillion DE events in much-modded 951's; but this was first in my 964. I now get it, fully. The car stuck to track with absolute tenacity - very fast, performed brilliantly. And no real "moments" either.

I can now fully understand the 911 addict; count me as one.
Old 10-19-2006, 12:26 PM
TR6
Drifting

Originally Posted by mpeters951
I was able to get the full Dansk treatment bolted up a couple weeks ago. That is; primary, secondary and tip. Zero fitment issues, ... The resulting sound; holy ****! Very, very "angry".
Would you describe it as too loud for street use with both the primary and secondary bypass? Do you still run the stock cat?
Old 10-19-2006, 03:12 PM
mpeters951
Racer

Too Loud ? Not for me me, maybe for the neighbors. My frame of reference may be way different than yours, but I love it. Can you be stealthy with this set-up ? Probably not. Can you return late at night after a boozer without waking the Dutchess ? Unlikely.

But, my context is a love of the sound of the well-tuned (excepting Harley, as that agricultural garbage and the term well-tuned seem mutually exclusive).

From direct experience with F1 at McLaren and experiencing the aural symphony at the Glen, Detroit and Montreal to my own past modded 951's, R6's and Duc's and now 964, I like hearing the bloody engine and what it's doing - emphatically. The former TriFlow set-up did absolutely nothing for me. Seemed a complete waste of money for PO, thankfully not for me.

So, anyway- yes this full Dansk system is bolted to stock cat. Next up will likely be Dansk sport cat. We'll see if the neighbors still remain friendly post install.
Old 10-19-2006, 04:31 PM
TR6
Drifting

I'm currently running with the secondary bypass and the stock primary and cat. I love the deeper, louder exhaust sound and feel like you do about wanting to hear the engine. I even love the "burbling" sound on decelerating! I'm soon going to install a cat bypass and will be curious to see how much that will impact the sound. Then finally, assuming that has desirable sound effects, I may lastly swap out the primary for a custom made "sport" free-flow primary muffler courtesy of my local muffler shop. My neighbors (and my wife) may not be very happy about that!

Which reminds me... If any of you have ever seen the movie "The World's Fastest Indian", I love the scene where Anthony Hopkins wakes up at 5:30am and fires up his highly modified 1920 Indian motorcycle with straight exhaust while his neighbor yells out the window that he's going to call the police. Its a fun movie based on a true story about a 67 year old man named Burt Munro from New Zealand who sets a speed record at Bonneville on his old Indian motorcycle.
Old 10-19-2006, 07:44 PM
FotoVeloce
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by TR6
I'm currently running with the secondary bypass and the stock primary and cat. I love the deeper, louder exhaust sound and feel like you do about wanting to hear the engine. I even love the "burbling" sound on decelerating! I'm soon going to install a cat bypass and will be curious to see how much that will impact the sound. Then finally, assuming that has desirable sound effects, I may lastly swap out the primary for a custom made "sport" free-flow primary muffler courtesy of my local muffler shop. My neighbors (and my wife) may not be very happy about that!

Which reminds me... If any of you have ever seen the movie "The World's Fastest Indian", I love the scene where Anthony Hopkins wakes up at 5:30am and fires up his highly modified 1920 Indian motorcycle with straight exhaust while his neighbor yells out the window that he's going to call the police. Its a fun movie based on a true story about a 67 year old man named Burt Munro from New Zealand who sets a speed record at Bonneville on his old Indian motorcycle.
Making a home-made bypass at the muffler shop is pretty cheap. All they did with nine was hack the muffler out of the center with the ends in a jig to keep them aligned, then welded in a the straight pipe. Why I even considered $350 for the FS part is beyond me.

I'm running the Euro pre-cat wand the stock secondary. Love the sound, my neighbor e-mailed me this morning saying he loved the sound... win win!

Re: World's Fastest Indian. Yeah.. excellent story, if it was Hollywooded up just a bit. I bought it as soon as it was available and sits in the 'valult of honor' of my DVD colletion along with the movie 'Faster' (that opening scene gives me good bumps typing about it!!!!) and 'One Man's Island' <-- also a true story done by the guy that sold all his possetions and moved to the Isle of Man to run what is arguably the dangerous race in the world as a privateer.

Quick Reply: Dansk Primary/Secondary bypass group buy interest ?