Sponsored by:

Friday Folley

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2006, 08:17 AM
hawk911
Race Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Friday Folley

So not much has changed; I'm still busy as all get out. The baby is 3 weeks away or so, and the house should be done 7 weeks or so. I've still got some slots open for painters, stainer, and floor layers.

The weather should cooperate all weekend, so the car will get some exercise some time. Not much, as paragraph 1 still looms in front of me.

got my gauge bezels during the week, so I might fit those, or my pedals that are still waiting for me. It's on the list somewhere.

so what about you? Why are you full of folley?
Old 05-26-2006, 08:56 AM
jimq
Burgled
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Once again I am getting on a plane in a couple hours to head to my summer cottage in Virginia on the Cheseapeake Sure hope the blue crabs and fish are hopping in the boat. my neighbor tells me they are pulling them in off the beach. Nothing better then wakeing up in the morning to the sounds and smells of the bay
Car is running great as usual but no luck on getting help checking my interface for the scantool
Sorry I cant come up this weekend to help you Geoff
Old 05-26-2006, 09:03 AM
Smokin
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Geoff... Sounds like it's coming along smartly! I'd volunteer but.... The gauge trim rings and pedals go on quickly... Get them finished and you'll love your car even more!

I'm happy because I'm going to work! I accepted a job (two weeks ago, starting part-time) bringing a local lender to the national level. It's going to take years... But it will be a lot of fun. More than the business I own! Strangely enough... I'm trying to find my own replacement so I can go full time at the lender. It's nice to have fun again in a job rather than sweating all the frustrating crap that goes with running your own business. (Which I still do for now.)

I'm trying to find the time to devote to the diagnotic thread that is going around. It looks like quite a few have devoted a lot of time to help us all out!
Old 05-26-2006, 10:02 AM
Miguel
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well, I hardly slept. had to come in very early , after going home very late. So I would like to sleep. Fuuny thing is that this weekend it is the big Rock in Rio Lisbon Rock show and the kids will want to go...guess who needs to go with them?

Jimq is it in Virginia that you have the black bears in the farm? Would love to have bears in the farm.

All the best!
Old 05-26-2006, 10:51 AM
SNOWBIRD
Pro

Originally Posted by jimq
Nothing better then wakeing up in the morning to the sounds and smells of the bay
Very true!!! Spent the last month improving my view.
Last night I went up to the warehouse and picked up the car, finally got all the windows out of it's spot in the garage. Came up early to do the little transformation shown below. I hadn't seen the car since putting it on the transporter in Florida last month. Was fun taking a spirited run home through the woods.

Last edited by SNOWBIRD; 05-26-2006 at 12:03 PM.
Old 05-26-2006, 12:02 PM
Kahdmus
Addict
Rennlist Member

Well I had enjoyable interviews this week with some really neat people so I am now in wait-and-see mode!

In the meantime I am spending lots of time with the kids which is really a blessed time. This morning I am going to watch my 9 year old give a recorder recital at the school...usually I would be in the office, so its nice to be able to say "sure honey, I'll be watching!"
Old 05-26-2006, 12:24 PM
jeff522
Racer

The stalk for my OBC came in Thursday.Hooked it up and it works fine.Still have the temp sensor to get. I think I can bring the whole project in at under $200. I have to mod to bottom cover for the skalk.The new gauge rings are in,still waiting on the new gauge faces(NR Auto black on white).I have pedal chouces down to two.AJ USA vs. Ulimate Pedals.Both are real pedals not just covers.
Dose anyone know if there is a template for carpet with the rear seat out.The only color of precut carpet I can find is black.I would like to say with the burgundy int.
I have a real small oil leak.I get a drop every 2 or three days if she sits.When she runs its more.The drip is right below the right sharkfin.When running it hits the secondary muffler.Its not a big leak but you can reaaly smell it.
Old 05-26-2006, 02:16 PM
chancecasey
Burning Brakes

Should be done with my, what, 6-month saga that is the 964 complete rebuild - tomorrow, if all goes as planned. Basically I'm secretly praying that neither oil nor fuel nor fire spray out of the engine compartment when I crank it. What I've learned from this is I have way less free time than I thought I did, and this stuff is REALLY f-ing time consuming. Wish me luck
Old 05-26-2006, 02:32 PM
jeff522
Racer

Well I found my leaks. One is where the line leaves the engine compartment in the wheel well.The other is at the other end of the line at the thermostat.I'll need to clean off the lines to see better what is the point of the leak.

On the down side as I was removing the sharkfin the post which hook to the body broke.Time for the glue.
Old 05-26-2006, 03:06 PM
LouZ
Addict
Rennlist Member

Location: Philly Area ----- George Washington took a dump in my backyard!
Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by jeff522
On the down side as I was removing the sharkfin the post which hook to the body broke.Time for the glue.
Jeff
I found that glue, or even epoxy just isn't strong enough to withstand the shock and vibration. On mine, after I superglued it, I took the soldering iron to it and melted over some of the plastic to get a good heat bond. It has held up since!
Old 05-26-2006, 05:02 PM
jeff522
Racer

Thanks LouZ for the heads up

Quick Reply: Friday Folley