Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums (https://rennlist.com/forums/)
-   964 Forum (https://rennlist.com/forums/964-forum-59/)
-   -   USA Rennlisters help needed....! (https://rennlist.com/forums/964-forum/262629-usa-rennlisters-help-needed.html)

StevenF 03-27-2006 03:57 PM

USA Rennlisters help needed....!

Hi,
I'm needing to ask what I hope to be a pretty simple question from you guys. I live in Scotland and am wanting to organise a trip for myself and my Dad to the Porsche Parade in San Diego next year(July 2007). I just wanted to ask if this was the biggest show in the States, or is there a bigger/better event I should be going to ?

Any thoughts welcome from guys who have been to previous Parades and can help me out.

Cheers

Steven

90 964 Carrera 2 - 45k
83 944 - 33k

last toy 03-27-2006 04:21 PM

go to www.pca.org to see their schedule but I think it is. I believe there are a number of iteresting club races also available throught the year. However, San Diego is a great place to visit, great resturants, etc. If you go, get reservations early, the good hotels near the beach get taken early.

Indycam 03-28-2006 03:55 PM

If you go to san d , the zoo , the dunes with dune buggies , Tijuana .

Hambisa 03-28-2006 08:29 PM

Steven;
I've never been to a Parade, so I'm happy that one is coming to me! Lots of things to see and do in and around San Diego, whatever your interests are, and plenty of info to be found on the web.
PM me if you would like any specific information.
Cheers,
Ian Clyde McIntyre -- (Scottish by heritage and heart, but never been there either :crying: )

CHASE 03-28-2006 11:50 PM

4 Attachment(s)
I attended the parade in Hershey, Pa. last year and my son and I had a great time. There were perfect examples of all models there and it was cool to drive around thru the weekend with alot of other Porsches on the roads. I attached some pictures from last years parade. I even got to sit behind the wheel of a famous 356. The owner was a great guy, eager to discuss his car and also passed out buttons to wear. I only wish there would have been more. I am guessing with all models in attendance including the rare show cars there might have been 1,000 cars. You should go !

doubleurx 03-28-2006 11:59 PM

German Auto fest in Ventura - September also has a pretty big showing.

www.germanautofest.com

Cupcar#12 03-29-2006 01:10 AM

were going to try to gather as many of the 92 cup cars in San Diego as we can with the registry for the parade

StevenF 04-03-2006 09:07 AM

That's some excellent input, and thanks to everyone who posted. I'm definitely going to be making the trip. I'll keep an eye on the pca website and once the details appear as to where will be the hub of activity in San Diego, I'll get some accomodation booked. Looking forward to it !!

Steven

tafkai 04-04-2006 05:56 PM

steven ,
just remember while you are there ...................
if you end up in the middle of a wild-west gun fight , never , ever , go up onto the saloon roof .
the guy up there allways gets shot , and somersaults to the floor holding his gut .
i think this may hurt / ruin your holiday , so heed my warning !!!