Sponsored by:

Where were all the other 964s?

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2006, 06:02 AM
Hambisa
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Where were all the other 964s?

The San Diego Region PCA back country roads tour on Sunday was great fun and I really had a blast. About 50 cars turned out for the event, more than double what the organizers had expected, and it was pretty impressive to see so many beautiful cars in a casual gathering like that. There were several Ferraris and a couple of BMWs, too, including a new M5, but the unchallenged celebrity of the day was a spectacular FLY Carrera GT! For those of you that haven't seen (or heard) one in action, you've got to do yourselves a favor and get to a track or event where you can -- it is a machine that defies description. The poor fellow that brought a Cayman S (see pic.1, far right) must have been disappointed, because no-one noticed his car, they were all ogling the CGT!
Hambisa and I had to provide sole representation of the 964 series, and the rest of you in the area missed almost 200 miles of exhilarating driving on twisty mountain roads and desert valleys and passes. Of course, the tour director stipulated that we could not drive illegally on public roads, but there was plenty of "enthusiastic" participation along the back roads. I quickly loosened up and blew out the carbon in my cylinder heads!
Attached Images        
Old 02-28-2006, 08:07 AM
BLK964
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice pics! Looks like a lot of fun. If I could only move to California...
Old 02-28-2006, 08:34 AM
kris
Skippy
Rennlist Member

Received 134 Likes on 98 Posts

Tx Ian, very nice but could you please put a warning in your thread title next time? Seeing that lovely weather and guys walking around in T-shirts hurts more than you can imagine . Something like
"Warning contains explicit photographs very likely to sink people, who are stuck in sleet and ice, into a deep depression"
Old 02-28-2006, 09:09 AM
Smokin
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Very nice pics! Yeah... I'll bet the guy in the Cayman was a little let-down. That CGT looks great! Thanks for the pictures!
Old 02-28-2006, 10:29 AM
MARC A. 964 C4

Originally Posted by BLK964
Nice pics! Looks like a lot of fun. If I could only move to California...
Count me in also!!..
Looks like a nice friendly Porsche-together... Is it fair to say that the ratio of Porsche is defiantly in favour of Liquid-cooled... Surprised, considering that I thought PCA would cater more to the Purest of Porsche of Yesterday... Yeah really,.. Where are the Oldies but Goodies hiding... There they are at the entrance... Is that a,.. Red 911 3.2, a 365 SC Cab., and a 944 Turbo and then another Yellow 911 3.2 and the Red 911 3.2 Targa... Actually that’s a nice ratio new to old... GREAT!!..

But the one Porsche that stole the show!!.. A pristine GPWhite 911/964 Cabriolet still with it’s original mirrors!!.. Now I don’t know who owns that Real Porsche 911, but it must be a Real enthusiast!!.. Now that's a Porsche!!.. No wonder all the other 964's stayed at home washing the dishes and doing the laundry so they wouldn't have to come... TRUE!!...

Thanks for the drive through Southern Cal... Love all the pictures, especially the black and white... There are a million things to be seen in that photo... Is that a Policeman on the Harley... "Sir, welcome to the world wide audience of Rennlist.com!!".. The mountain range is impressive... SUPER!!..

Too bad I wasn’t there, maybe one day... PLEASE!!..

From here,
Marc...

PS. Thanks Ian for going through the efforts... REALLY!!..
Old 02-28-2006, 12:08 PM
kgorman
Drifting

Received 41 Likes on 22 Posts

Nice pics! Crud I wish I was there that looks like fun. Next time I will drive down to represent!

Quick Reply: Where were all the other 964s?