HiWind
Race Car

Received 47 Likes on 26 Posts

^^ thanks Dman!
Old 06-17-2017, 06:59 PM
Captain Ahab Jr.
Pro

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

doyesman, thanks for taking the time to do that, I'll add all my weights as and when I weigh stuff
Old 12-14-2017, 05:04 PM
Mezger
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Does anybody know how much the powersteering lines are?
thanks friends!
Old 12-17-2017, 06:35 PM
kos11-12
Three Wheelin'

Received 23 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by donoman
I really appreciated this thread so I entered all the values I found into a sortable Google spreadsheet. Please send me a message if you want to be able to add to this sheet. Alternatively you can post weights here and I will update the sheet.

Enjoy!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing
Thanks Donoman, really helfull,
according to your list I should have recently removed about another 55 kg, can't wait to see it on the scale, I hope my C4 will be around 1270 kg
Old 12-30-2017, 05:41 PM
Foxman
Rennlist Member

Received 491 Likes on 364 Posts

What a great resource, thanks!!

Here are are a few more items:

Lower dash board without glove box and ash tray - 7.625 lbs.
brackets and hardware for lower dash - 2.3 lbs.
Glove box - 3 lbs.
Ash tray - .75 lbs.
Passenger air bag - 6 lbs.
Passenger air bag cover - .7 lbs.
RS storage box - .2 lbs.

FYI I weighed the rear blower motor and duct at 5.875 lbs., not 6.5 lbs. as listed above. Perhaps that weight includes the bracket?
Old 12-31-2017, 01:45 AM
roastbeef
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i'm kinda surprised the hood weighs 40lbs. is this maybe an attempt to keep the weight balanced in the car?
Old 01-07-2018, 05:47 PM
kos11-12
Three Wheelin'

Hi guys,
Thinking of my next weight saving,
any one knows if there is any gain weight between the original rear lid with the retractable wing against a fibre glass RSR type,
also thinking of replacing the front fenders with fibreo nes, does anyone knows the difference of weight between the original and fibre glass ones ,
cheers
Konstantin
Old 01-07-2018, 06:36 PM
Spokes
Rennlist Member

Received 300 Likes on 140 Posts

Add D90s: kg (old weight)

Design 90s 6J 7.7kg (16.97 lbs)
Design 90s 8J 9.9kg (21.82 Ibs)
Old 01-09-2018, 02:34 AM
koenig_roland
Burning Brakes

Received 142 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by kos11-12

also thinking of replacing the front fenders with fibreo nes, does anyone knows the difference of weight between the original and fibre glass ones ,
not worth the money. Spoke to marcus buehler about that and he told me a potential difference of roughly 3 kg per fender.... i would go with CFK doors next :-)
Old 01-09-2018, 03:47 AM
Foxman
Rennlist Member

Received 491 Likes on 364 Posts

Hi guys,
Thinking of my next weight saving,
any one knows if there is any gain weight between the original rear lid with the retractable wing against a fibre glass RSR type,
cheers
Konstantin
A motorized decklid weighs about 24 lbs. Depending on the model you choose, a fiberglass ducktail can weigh as little as 6 lbs. That's 18 lbs. off the rear end of the car!
Old 01-09-2018, 06:22 PM
kos11-12
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by koenig_roland
not worth the money. Spoke to marcus buehler about that and he told me a potential difference of roughly 3 kg per fender.... i would go with CFK doors next :-)
Hi Thilo,
Thank you, so what is the weight saved with CF doors, I also worry about safety without full roll cage, would you have standard size windows or it's a small sliding window like on race cars ?
how about cabin noise ?
The ones from DPmotorsport look great, with all windows flush to the body.
I just upgrade with their plexi quaters and flush to the body rear plexi window, they are great and no additional noise, I am not happy with the rear fit, the guys at the paint shop did not do a perfect job, I will have to have it done again;

Originally Posted by Foxman

A motorized decklid weighs about 24 lbs. Depending on the model you choose, a fiberglass ducktail can weigh as little as 6 lbs. That's 18 lbs. off the rear end of the car!
Thanks Foxman, interesting , that's quite a lot of weight at the right place, but must admit the Ducktail is not so much my taste, I prefer a narrow version of the RSR (from Getty design) or a tail like on the C4 lightweight race car,
I will ask Getty if they have recorded weights for those.
Old 01-10-2018, 06:00 PM
Spyerx
Rennlist Member

Received 1,730 Likes on 1,058 Posts

I have an unpainted RSR (brand new) from Getty, glass with a carbon wing. if anyone willing to make an offer PM me. Want it gone.
Thanks
Old 01-15-2018, 06:56 PM
kos11-12
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by koenig_roland
according to DP motorsport the FRP or Carbon doors are 6.5 kg, would probably need to had , the aluminium frame.
here is a copy of their texte
tempted or not .....

Lightweight doors for Porsche* 911, 935, 964 and 993

available in fibre glass or Carbon

The design of the door allows the usage of the original window frame and offers a custom-fit adjustment of the aluminium frame by long slot readjusting, like for the original metal doors. The door provides ideal clearances with sufficient material to grind in a perfect gap. We also offer the fitting windows made of tempered plexiglass in clear and green, sliding window optional. For street cars, door panels in carbon or imitation leather are available. Total weight incl. window, handle bar and lock from 6,5kg.

Introductory offer:

Door in fibre glass: 1189,- EUR incl. 19% VAT (normal price 1404,20**)
(pc. without window, lock and handle bar)

Door in carbon: 1427,- EUR incl. 19% VAT
(normal price 1685,04**)(pc. without window, lock and handle bar)
Old 01-16-2018, 01:18 PM
koenig_roland
Burning Brakes

Received 142 Likes on 73 Posts

Hi Thilo,
Thank you, so what is the weight saved with CF doors, I also worry about safety without full roll cage, would you have standard size windows or it's a small sliding window like on race cars ?
how about cabin noise ?
The ones from DPmotorsport look great, with all windows flush to the body.
I just upgrade with their plexi quaters and flush to the body rear plexi window, they are great and no additional noise, I am not happy with the rear fit, the guys at the paint shop did not do a perfect job, I will have to have it done again;

Thanks Foxman, interesting , that's quite a lot of weight at the right place, but must admit the Ducktail is not so much my taste, I prefer a narrow version of the RSR (from Getty design) or a tail like on the C4 lightweight race car,
I will ask Getty if they have recorded weights for those.
hehehe.
i am in the process of 38kg reduction this winter.
I would go with CFK doors and add a cage to the car. I will add a cage - or more a welded cell - anyway to the car because of safety issues... Noise is no argument in my car. You can't have a talk in my car above downtown speed.... The car is really noisy.. I would go with the "race car" door, that has plexy windows with that small tiny sub-window... Some weeks ago, i missed some CFK porsche doors for small money at ebay not far away from my home...

Next winter, i am planning CFK rear fender and the loss of the rear bumper beam... this should reduce another ~10kg wheigt... Not far away, we have to discuss about the G64.00 box
Old 01-16-2018, 07:16 PM
kos11-12
Three Wheelin'

Hi Thilo ,
Great news ! you are really on a mission , inspiring for all of us !
The bumper itself is 5kg, would be great to have them made in FRP or carbon, as I remember, I think FDV have them , at a quite height price.
That's good you go for the roll cage, for the CF doors, I forgot the original ones are weighting so much !
not sure if the CF doors a good idea without a rool cage for my car , so tempted since DP sales them for fitting with the originale window frame ,
Regarding the box, personally I am not sure yet to convert it, looking at the number of times it rains, I may bare with the 65kg.
Jack as done an amazing job with the locking collar, and all the tests, he is still testing the ability of the PDSA versus fitting an LSD, can't wait to hear from him.

Quick Reply: Accurate weight table