Sponsored by:

It's Monday; what have you learned??

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2005, 04:33 PM
seaeagle
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking Rear Spoiler skirt

[QUOTE=pete000]I learned the rear retractable spoiler air skirt has broken and needs to be replaced. Any one know of a good source in the USA?

Can't help yu re USA. I replaced mine at a cost of A$300 2 months ago. You will get iit n the US much cheaper than that I am sure. I am told by the P mechanic it is an air cooling item. If you drive on highways, or hard, on hot days, for reasonably long periods then it needs to be replaced (it stops air flowing under the spoiler and out the back and directs air into the motor to aid cooling). In winter apparently not such a big deal. I can attest to no overheating issues in an Aussie mild winter where temps are around 15-20 celsius during the daytime in most places (apart from the tropics up north or the desert in the middle were few people live anyway!). But in summer? Where I come from hot days at 30 - 40 celsius are commonplace for 5 months of the year so it had to be done. Maybe try and get one second hand??? Looks a pretty simple item to replace to me - ie I did not get charged much for labour when it was done. I couldn't find one used at the time and was not prepared to risk the motor for lack of this item.

Sea Eagle
Old 12-05-2005, 04:35 PM
chris walrod
Guru
Lifetime Rennlist

Rennlist Small
Business Sponsor

Received 98 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by Jack667
No damage, other than my shift linkage as I got stuck in 4th gear.
No worries, Cole Trickle got stuck in 4th gear, look how well he did

Quick Reply: It's Monday; what have you learned??