Replacing door Seals on 964

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2005, 11:50 PM
adamvfr
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Replacing door Seals on 964

Hi all,
I've done a few searches here but am yet to find a step by step description to replace the door seals on a 964 Coupe.

Step 1. Buy new door seals (done!)

Can anyone help me out or point me towards some instructions?

Cheers
AB
' 90 C4
Old 12-05-2005, 01:35 AM
Wachuko
Professor of Pending Projects
Rennlist Member

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts
Cool

errrr... pull out old, push in new?? That is how it was on my 951... I just put the corner of the seal up into the corner and pressed in the seal all the way around.

Sorry... late... surfing along... just a friendly bump for someone else that has done it in a 964 to chime in... I will quietly go to sleep now

Edit: Reading a few posts here and there...

It's not that bad, just take your time. Gently pul the old seal out, if it rips apart just make sure you remove it all. Then clean the groove with prep solvent. Install the new seal[don't put glue on it yet] make sure it fits corectly. Then use a small amount of 3m super weather stipp adhesive,3m works the best. Install it and close the door leave it set for about a half an hour.

There are a few comments to small screws on the seal at the very top of the jam... but not sure if we have those on the 964...
Old 12-06-2005, 04:34 AM
Computamedic
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

When I did mine I found there was no reason that I could see to use ANY glue. The new seals stay in place without glue and it makes the job a whole lot simpler and less messy. Took at least 5 minutes per side.

Regards

Dave
Old 12-06-2005, 09:08 AM
Heirsh
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I put mine in with black silicone sealant to match the rubber. In hindsight I'm not sure it needed any glue at all, but I just assumed it did when I and followed through. If it isnt glued it may slip out as it ages. I can see it kind of getting stuck to the door and when you open it it pulls it out slightly. Then again, maybe not. No biggie either way. If it comes out at any pt, glue it back in!

Quick Reply: Replacing door Seals on 964