Notices
964 Forum 1989-1994
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

buying first porsche

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2005, 11:59 PM
MARC A. 964 C4

One small detail, and as I’m unable see the interior photos, as I explained to a gentlemen yesterday,. Though it’s listed as a 1991, is it 1991(a) or (b),. From the mirrors and wheels shown on this car, it’s been modified to look as if, it's a 1992,. Does the car in fact have the dual airbag system and the later, towards the end of 1991 engine improvements,. There is a fine, stipulated difference, thus the notation of (a), and (b),. This is one of those micro small points that is actually very large selling point, I think you can imagine which is worth more,. It’s a shame there’s no photos,. But, in the end, detail number one,.... If this is the one, and the bells are ringing, then have some fun, get the check book out!!.. My advice is passed on, it’s a small detail, I add it to your Porsche passion, Happy Holidays, what a great present for Xmas, but take your time, and this will be a long term love affaire...
Old 12-06-2005, 03:15 AM
eddychan
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ian,

Interesting to learn the Blue 964 had a top end rebiult in such a young milage, also if it is a 92, it should have gasket comparing to the 91 and earlier models.

Try to get a latter model with head gasket, personally, I do not mind LHD at all, They are as good as the RHD and in some way, better than the RHD as they would orginally design to be a LHD car.

Cheers!

eddy
Old 12-06-2005, 10:22 AM
iandavidcassidy
Track Day

i have just got the vin of the car i am about to buy and the number is

WP0ZZZ962MS404321

i take it this vin would have not had the new gasket fitted?
is this a deal breaker, should i find a later car?
Old 12-06-2005, 10:23 AM
iandavidcassidy
Track Day

just to compare
"According to Adrian's book (page 8) head gaskets were installed after engine serial number 62M06836 (for Tips its after 62M52757)."

i can't be sure if iam working this out properly.
Old 12-06-2005, 10:55 AM
MARC A. 964 C4

I wrote you earlier, I'm glad you're checking out the finer points, I sent this yesterday, I give you the same advice,..Make the effort and call Porsche GB, they'll be happy to talk to you,.
This is a copy below...
The serial production numbers, and engine production number, plus the intended country of importation will designate it’s year, model and equipment. Are you able to contact Porsche Japan, for conformation of authenticity, they are there to help you. It’s always a worth while telephone call for free information and piece of mind. You want to make sure the car in question has the correct specifications that match to its country of registration. My German model had certain advantageous standard equipment that in fact was not yet equipped on the French models. Porsches do move from country to country. It can work in your favour or against. This is what I did, these are my findings, my advice is free, I am an amateur,.. Good luck, Marc A

PS..Keep up the efforts, it's all part and parcelle to buying a "Classic Sportscar", you'll be happy in the end, hang in there!!..

Quick Reply: buying first porsche