Sponsored by:

Installing rear speakers

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2005, 02:34 PM
bhensarl
Jarhead
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Great write up, Marc! Chris is right, there's really no need to flip the seat back over. There is plenty of extra wire, so you can just plug the speaker in and then place it in the hole. The hardest part for me was separating the speaker covers from the surrounding shelf. It was pretty well stuck on there. Also, I just upgraded my speakers a few months ago with the same Infinity 5.25s, and I would highly suggest moving up to 6.5" speakers for the extra bass. There really is little to no bass from the 5.25s or the rears (I also have the same as Marc on the rear shelf. ), and I think the 6.5s would make a big difference. If you do a search you'll see that others have fitted specific 6.5s in the front without problems.
Brian
Old 12-05-2005, 02:35 PM
jdodson
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Marc - Nice job on the post. I've been thinking about doing the same, but I think it will be a waste until I can figure out how to upgrade my hearing.
Old 12-05-2005, 03:53 PM
Heirsh
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

6.5's will fit in the front. Specifically I put Rockford Fosgates in mine, simply b/c Bestbuy had them. They do have bass; for their size I was amazed actually. I had to enlarge my speaker hole to make them fit. I cut out sufficient carboard from the back and continued the slices on the faux leather to peel and fold it in. Perfect fit. I wouldnt try anything bigger than those though. The large magnet can hit some of the door structure if you push on the panel too much. I plan to move these to the back sooner or later and get a set of less flashy speakers for the doors and replace the panels with rs style.

I think i took some pictures of the job if anyone wanted to see for reference. Nothing to it other than time really.

I put some cheap panasonics in the back. I shouldnt have bothered...

Quick Reply: Installing rear speakers