Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

urgent. help please

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2005, 05:58 AM
harris
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

do not think if it is close to you or not...

whatever you will do on to your car, it stay there for ever...

it might be worth thinking even to travel a bit to get THE BEST for your car and for you
Old 12-02-2005, 06:04 AM
MARC A. 964 C4

Hey harris, no poor Petsy lives in England, I'm down south near Cannes, in France, and that tire did'nt look so good. But, I'm here!..... thanks,
Old 12-02-2005, 09:58 AM
Azureblue
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Pesty, I have also heard good reports about autocraft, though none of the recomendations is recent.
Do not use the place at Hortonwood, they had a go at my A-Class and managed to damage the paintwork they had just done, the day I was due to pick it up. That was after I sent it back once. The manager had the cheek to claim I had done it, even when I pointed out that they hadn't even released the keys to me. The company shut down weeks after, though it re-opened with the same staff. Let me know if I can help in any way.
Old 12-02-2005, 10:50 AM
Pesty
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

thanks guys. the car is being picked up on monday and taken to ninemeister.
Old 12-02-2005, 10:59 AM
MARC A. 964 C4

Yeah Pesty, I digested the damage and your description of the side,(not seen) damage some more. Be well equipped with the various, “not wanting to settle too much insurance companies”, especially as they will be paying and perhaps referring you to their body shops, or those that work hand in hand with them, a la cheap! If what I say is old hat, throw it away!! Solid colours are so much easier to repaint. Be careful with your Metallic Medium Blue! If by chance only the damaged panels and bumper are to be repaired and repainted, the risk of a two toned car are very high. At the factory, immediately after the final coats of spray, it’s the heat in the drying cabin that draws out the micro metallic particles that gives you that iridescent silver metallic sparkle that now, is on the outer surface of the colour, having been drawn out by hot even warmth, but yet still mate opposed to gloss. Very soon there after, three coats of clear spray varnish are applied to a surface. This procedure is precise to avoid solvent damage (crinkle). It’s this clear coating that gives the diamond hardness to the finish. The big problem besides the exact same colour blue, is to find a body shop that has in fact a factory, fact simile heat/drying carbine...THEY ARE VERY EXPENSIVE!!...So my friend, what I would suggest is think more in terms of a complete repaint restoration,. OUCH!!! Surly you have seen repainted cars boasting two or three colours, it’s very common here, as is the varnish application, that peals off in time. I tell you all this so perhaps you have one more idea when negotiating with the insurance company. Remember they want your repair to cost almost nothing!! They don’t care about your Porsche 911/964!!..Stand your ground, present your facts, and good luck my Friend... Marc

PS My repaint pictures are on my ride page.
Old 12-02-2005, 11:04 AM
Pesty
Rennlist Member

Thanks mark its definatley on my mind about the paint differing. I intend to speak with teh guy who will sprey it as soon as he has assesed the car.
Old 12-02-2005, 11:07 AM
MARC A. 964 C4

Better one uniform colour, and if I can help, or you need a shoulder, you got it!! Have a good weekend, things will be fine,...
Old 12-02-2005, 01:31 PM
Pesty
Rennlist Member

Thanks mark.

Well Ive found one thing out. BMW Z4's are slow and whats with that wishy washy clutch

Quick Reply: urgent. help please