Notices
964 Forum 1989-1994
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pics of Rear Bumper Side Section Support Tubes?

Old 11-03-2005, 08:26 PM
asbi
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Pics of Rear Bumper Side Section Support Tubes?

I have just had my rear bumper repainted following a minor incident which also required the metal support tubes to be replaced (the ones that support the side sections of the rear bumper inside the wheelarch.

I think that the shop may have replaced them with 993 items as they look different. Does anyone have any pics of 964 inner rear wheel arches which may show the supports, or better still could someone check the PET to see if the 964 items have been superceded by 993 ones.

They do not look quite right to me as the rear supports have two fixing holes to the body where the original 964 item had only one.

Thanks in adavance as always,
Kevin.
Old 11-04-2005, 01:15 AM
JasonAndreas
Technical Guru
Rennlist Member

Received 112 Likes on 90 Posts

Originally Posted by asbi
They do not look quite right to me as the rear supports have two fixing holes to the body where the original 964 item had only one.
There were some changes (the horizontal support in the first image) made in 1990 because the rear side panels would vibrate and cause a crack right around the rear lights. My rear most support bracket (image 2) has two holes.

Old 11-04-2005, 03:55 AM
asbi
Racer

Jason,
Thanks for the response-very early in the morning!

Your supports appear to be the same as mine, the rear ones just look a little strange as they appear to have been designed to have two fixing holes into the body yet only one is used. This is why I thought maybe a later 993 item had been used.

Thanks again,
Kevin.
Old 11-04-2005, 04:12 AM
asbi
Racer

Jason,
Sorry to be a nuisance but if you get chance could you please get a shot of the rear bracket on the other side. I don't have access to a camera at the moment but my rear bracket on the other side looks quite different and is straining the plastic panel somewhat.
Thanks again,
Kevin.
Old 11-04-2005, 03:05 PM
JasonAndreas
Technical Guru
Rennlist Member

Received 112 Likes on 90 Posts

The support brackets are the same on both sides.
Old 11-04-2005, 05:52 PM
IanR
Racer

Kevin,

Ooops, hadn't seen Jasons pictures when I posted this, so might be redundent. Think I might need to clean out the wheel arches as well (and I always thought it was some kind of sealant rathr than mud!)

I picked up this bracket on ebay, which is the same as both sides on my car ('90 C2). Both the top mounting holes are used. The part no. is 964.505.475.00

Left side:

Right side:

Regards
Ian

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Pics of Rear Bumper Side Section Support Tubes?