Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums (https://rennlist.com/forums/)
-   964 Forum (https://rennlist.com/forums/964-forum-59/)
-   -   Rear Damage (https://rennlist.com/forums/964-forum/236214-rear-damage.html)

Arrivare 11-03-2005 01:59 PM

Rear Damage

I have just been hit in the rear by a boy racer. Can anyone recommend a supplier of a second hand rear centre bumper section in the UK?

robbed666 11-03-2005 02:06 PM

Sorry to here, hope you sue the arse off the twat! My Missus got hit head on a couple of weeks ago. By "Chav" in a Astra, driving on her side of the road !! He then reversed at high speed and F*&Ked off!

DaveK 11-03-2005 02:07 PM

For second hand stuff I always call Porsch-Apart.

Why do you need second hand though? Surely boy racer is responsible (rear end collision) and his insurance is paying?

Rushjob 11-03-2005 02:30 PM

What Dave said.......

robbed666 11-03-2005 03:05 PM

My brother, a couple years ago had his car damaged in a car wash. The car wash's insurers started the normal crap, thought they were going to control the game. So we just issued a summons against the person responsible. You should have seen the insurers squirm! Paid out in FULL in less than a week! They had no choice, they were told the court date was in a week, and there's nothing they can do about it! Works quite well, if the damages you want are less than £5k. Its cost them that much just to get going, so they just paid out. Worth ago, just to try and get control of the situation and "up the ante" for them. You really need a no contest, just arguing about the money type case though.

Bates 11-03-2005 05:59 PM

You don't need to buy a part to beat "boy racer"...use the piece he damaged!

Arrivare 11-03-2005 06:14 PM

Thanks for all your concerns & suggestions. The boy racer was in a BMW mini. He drove off and I lost him in traffic. I got a partial number plate and it starts K22....... The police are not interested and if they can trace him will simply instuct him to exchange insurance details. They say that the CPS have more important things to do than take out prosecutions for careless driving & leaving the scene of an accident. So the moral seems to be drive off if you have an accident as you will not be punished if you are traced. With this attitude we are likely to see more deaths on our roads!

robbed666 11-03-2005 11:54 PM

Originally Posted by Arrivare
Thanks for all your concerns & suggestions. The boy racer was in a BMW mini. He drove off and I lost him in traffic. I got a partial number plate and it starts K22....... The police are not interested and if they can trace him will simply instuct him to exchange insurance details. They say that the CPS have more important things to do than take out prosecutions for careless driving & leaving the scene of an accident. So the moral seems to be drive off if you have an accident as you will not be punished if you are traced. With this attitude we are likely to see more deaths on our roads!

Thats Bollocks (Not You Arrivare,them!) Ask to speak to the duty traffic inspector. and lodge a formal complaint. Leaving the scene of an accident is an arrestable offence, (and has been for sometime). No witnesses that can give more of the Reg No ? You can use the following link to 'test' Reg No's you think it might be. Sometimes you have an idea what the rest of the number might be, but can't be sure. Using this you can confirm if its a 'real' number, and that it belongs to the 'right' vehicle. Use the VEHICLE ENQUIRY button on the lh side number test

Rushjob 11-04-2005 11:51 AM

Rob is spot on.
Almost.
Fail to stop following an injury rtc is now arrestable.. non injury is not.
You do however need to revisit the police, insist on the details being obtained and followed up.
The comments make me cringe and had it been one of my staff who made them I'd be having a rather focussed one way discussion with them in relation to their performance!
If the officer on the desk declines to take details, bump it up the ladder to the Duty Inspector.

Arrivare 11-04-2005 03:38 PM

Thanks again for the advice. I went to see the police today and spoke to the investigating officer. It turns out that the first person I spoke to was a civilian support officer. I was assured that the police in my area take this type of offence very seriously and will do all they can to locate and prosecute the offender. Unfortunately the database has shown up over 20 minis with a reg number containing the bit I had. However the officer said that he will try to narrow the number down.
Robbed666, I don't see the link. Where is it please?

robbed666 11-05-2005 05:25 AM

!CLICK ON THIS TEXT!

Or paste this into your browser address bar (or even click on it ):

http://www.vehiclelicence.gov.uk/EvlPortalApp/index.jsp

Go to the side bar click Vehicle enquiry, then click next on the next page.