Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums (https://rennlist.com/forums/)
-   964 Forum (https://rennlist.com/forums/964-forum-59/)
-   -   Immobilisor question (https://rennlist.com/forums/964-forum/23195-immobilisor-question.html)

Rob McConnell 08-23-2001 07:33 AM

Immobilisor question

Hi
My immobilisor has been disconected on a 91 C2 CAB euro spec. I have been told that it may be on the left hand side of the steering wheel or under the passenger seat. I have small boxes in both of these places, the one next to the steering wheel has the following code, is this the immobilisor.

VDO 964 641 330 00
410 209 013 001

If anyone could help with the wiring instructions i would be most grateful.

regards

Rob
91 C2 CAB LHD
Jersey, UK

Adrian 08-23-2001 07:58 AM

Dear Rob,
I have checked the wiring diagrams and I am afraid no such system is shown as installed in the 964. You know already that this is an official UK requirement only but was available as a special wish from the factory as extra protection for the Cabs. I do know that this system was hooked up via the DME Relay Pin 86 of relay R41 but that is the end of my system knowledge. I have never seen the hardware personally nor do I know where this system of yours was installed. I highly recommend you contact a UK based Official Porsche Repair Facility and ask them.
However I can tell you that the part numbers you are quoting is the 964 Central Informer. This is a VDO part and controls the distribution of the warn lamp signals in the 964 and fires off the warn horn or gong. This is not the immobiliser. I am reliably informed it should under the right hand seat and should be a 928 part number.
Wish I could help more but I cannot,
Ciao,
Adrian
911C4

Rob McConnell 08-23-2001 08:31 AM

Thank you Adrian

As usual you are my saviour, i believe this may be the culprit of my flashing warning lights and alarm on the dash that we spoke of some time ago, you suggested the green wire in the steroe after checking that i was not sure where to look next, but did notice that the problem only occured when the headlighs were on. As this box sits right next to the headlamp switch it could be some problem there. I will check it out and also have a look at the box under the passenger seat.

I am ironing out all the little niggling faults with the car an am pleased to say i only have a couple of courtesy lights to sort out.

Thanks again Adrian i am sure i will be drawing on your knowledge again soon. Maybe you should charge a nominal fee for each problem solved, you'd have enough for another Porsche to grace your Garage.

Regards

Rob
91 C2 CAB LHD
Jersey, uk

Adrian 08-23-2001 09:39 AM

Dear Rob,
Believe me I have thought about it many times but, well it is just not me. Besides I have made many friends doing what I do and some have rewarded me privately. Just saying thank you is a reward. Doesn´t happen very often.
By courtesy lights I imagine you are talking about the interior lights. These are hard wired 12VDC and the earth is via the door switch, either side or from the physical switch in the lights when you turn them off.
Glad to help,
Ciao,
Adrian
911C4