Sponsored by:

PPI = Money Well Spent

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2001, 09:53 AM
Robert Coats
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Post PPI = Money Well Spent

I've been shopping for a C4 coupe for the past two months, and I just want to attest to the great value of a PPI (pre-purchase inspection). It is money well-spent, and I would NEVER consider buying a used car (especially a P-car) without one.

Case in point: I've been looking all over the east cost of the US for a car. The bulk of them don't make the first cut with me, and usually after a single email, I cut even more from the herd. A few weeks back, I thought I'd found the right one. Everything about the car seemed very good. The only step left was to get a PPI done to verify all the claims and condtion.

What a shock.

Repainted body panels, leaking power steering pump, off-center wheel, buffer burn marks, overfilled oil and evidence of past oil leaks, just to name a few. The cruise control was dead, the carpets were stained, the car was NOT well-represented by the seller. It cost me a mere $45 to learn these facts, and it was worth every dime.

Bottom line for me is this: Don't let sexy curves and creative descriptions lead you astry. Be cynical, demmanding, and picky. Most of all, GET A PPI DONE.
Old 08-08-2001, 04:04 AM
Bill Wagner
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I couldn't second that opinion more!

Unfortunately, a fair number of first or even second owners of 911s buy them as status symbols and remain oblivious to the maintenance needs of a car....they are not TRUE fans, and dump the car when confronted with a series of repair bills (often major) for their ignorance.

I've seen WAY too many 911s, and certainly not just 964s, that have fit into this category.

Cheers,

Bill Wagner

Quick Reply: PPI = Money Well Spent